ONE PIECE collaborates with Japanese spice brand "Nemoto Yawataya Isogoro"!!
What You Need to Know:
- "Nemoto Yawataya Isogoro" is a traditional spice brand company established in 1736 (the Edo Period!!). Yesterday, Yawataya released two kinds of Shichimi Tougarashi (a blend of seven spices, the "shichi" in "Shichimi" stands for 7) named "Mugiwara no Shichimi" (Straw Hat Pirates' shichimi) and decorated with images of Luffy & Chopper in their Wano Kuni outfits which match the traditional history of the spice.
- In Japanese, the Straw Hat Pirates are called "Mugiwara no Ichimi" which sounds a lot like "Mugiwara no SHIchimi"! (We do love puns here at Honey's Anime!)
- The Luffy Blend is a mixture of seven spices which is suitable for meat, Luffy's favorite food! Its flavor is a little spicy, which expresses Luffy's strength. The mix also includes yuzu, lemon & salt which depicts sea. This spice blend suits a variety of food from fish to vegetables, besides meat.
- The Chopper Blend is not spicy so that those who don't like spicy can enjoy the flavor of Shichimi as well. This mix was put toghether with Chopper in mind, who loves sweet things. It's made with sweet peppers, giving it a milder, sweet flavor you can use on anything, and even children can enjoy it!
- There are other collaboration productions as well such as bags, insulated DINEX mugs, and stickers that will last longer than the spices themselves!
- The "Mugiwara no Shichimi" set comes in a branded box and includes stickers for ¥2970; the mugs are ¥1650, there are tote bags for ¥2420, and you can add more stickers to your order for ¥440 each.
- All "Mugiwara no Shichimi" items are currently on sale at: https://hkds.tokyo/category/ONEPIECESHICHIMI.html
Gimme that Luffy Blend! The hotter the better!
The Chopper Blend sounds like it'd be good even on fruit!