What You Need to Know:
- The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is thrilled to unveil its plans to offer Japanese pop culture fans from around the world an opportunity to experience all things anime from wherever they are with Anime Expo Lite. This FREE two-day live stream event will begin on July 3, proclaimed Anime Expo Day by the City of Los Angeles in 2015, and continue through July 4.
- Anime Expo Lite will feature content from industry partners such as Bushiroad, Crunchyroll, Pony Canyon, VIZ, and more! More exclusive content will be announced in the coming weeks.
- SPJA has also revealed the key art that was planned as the program guide cover for the since cancelled Anime Expo 2020, which now features the Anime Expo Lite logo instead. The AX mascot characters Ai and Xeno are pictured with the cast of The World End With You.
- Fans can expect to see: Special Guests, including artist/character designer Yoshitaka Amano, Panel discussions with industry leaders, Industry announcements, Live content, Exclusive content from Japan, Q&As, Giveaways.
- For more information, and to keep up-to-date on Anime Expo Lite announcements, please sign-up here https://mailchi.mp/anime-expo/ax-lite-updates
Source: Official Press Release
What a great idea from the Anime Expo team! I totally am looking forward to this event!
I think this is truly special since it can still bring everyone together, virtually of course!