What You Need to Know:
- Square Enix has announced 2 new titles during the Nintendo Direct yesterday, Chocobo GP and Actraiser Renaissance!
- Find out the details to both games below:
- SQUARE ENIX® today revealed that Chocobo GP, a thrilling new kart racing experience set in the Chocobo universe, is coming to Nintendo Switch™ in 2022. Featuring a variety of whimsical characters from across the franchise, players will be able to dash to the finish as the game’s namesake and star, Chocobo and friends. Chocobo GP will challenge racers to master courses from well-known Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY® series locations. Set off on a new journey with Chocobo and friends as they enter a racing tournament to win an unbelievable reward: a wish for anything their heart desires!
- Players can look forward to a variety of exhilarating features from Chocobo GP, including:
- Various game modes – Play various modes including Story and Custom Races. Also enjoy exciting survival races in a bracket-style tournament, which can support up to 64 players. Select modes support online and/or local multiplayer.
- Thrilling courses – Race through various courses taking inspiration from the Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY series, including Cid’s Test Track, the streets of Alexandria and Zozo and the Gold Saucer.
- Roster of Beloved Characters – Players can choose from a wide selection of Chocobo series characters.
- Magical magicite – By collecting magicite, found within Magic Eggs scattered around the various tracks, racers will be imbued with magic, such as Fire or Aero, which can be used against their fellow racers to give them a competitive edge and speed to the finish.
- Chocobo GP will be available for Nintendo Switch in 2022. This title is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information, visit: https://square-enix-games.com/
- Related Links:
- Official Website: www.square-enix-games.com/chocobo-gp
- Twitter: @FinalFantasy
- Facebook: @FinalFantasy
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/FinalFantasy
- Instagram: @FinalFantasy
- Actraiser Renaissance™, the remastered edition of the classic 2D action platformer and city-building simulation game, is now available to play on modern platforms, including the Nintendo Switch™ system, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, PC (STEAM®) and mobile devices. Actraiser Renaissance delivers beautifully remastered HD graphics and various quality of life updates for both fans of the original and a new generation of gamers alike.
- Actraiser Renaissance combines 2D action and platforming with city-building simulation. Help humanity prosper by playing as the Lord of Light and their loyal angel in a world beset by evil. Utilize your miraculous powers to summon lightning and trigger earthquakes to remove obstacles that impede the growth of your civilization. Explore the vast new realm, build, and protect your settlements with the angel’s mighty bow and arrow to ward off the evil monsters that prey on your people.
- New updates and features include:
- Beautifully remastered HD graphics including the characters, map, monsters and battle backgrounds and effects
- Newly designed city-building simulation segments, including a new region and developmental stages for cities
- Players can harness new magic, including the ability to cast fire, ice, and other magical elements, in 2D action stages
- Players can dodge, attack and slash with upward and downward motions, for a more dynamic action experience
- New real-time strategy “Settlement Siege” feature
- Remastered original soundtrack with 15 new music tracks
- Ability to toggle between the original soundtrack and newly remastered soundtrack from the original composer, Yuzo Koshiro
- New auto-save and difficulty settings feature
- In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the original game’s release, players who purchase the game before November 1st, 2021* through the Nintendo eShop or the Nintendo store website and STEAM® will receive an early purchase bonus that includes a wallpaper and a mini soundtrack consisting of five in-game songs. In addition to the mini soundtrack, players who purchase via the PlayStation store before November 1st, 2021* will receive an original PS4 theme with background music.
- Actraiser Renaissance is available now digitally for the Nintendo Switch™ system, the PlayStation 4 system, PC (STEAM®) and iOS and Android devices. The title is rated E10+ by the ESRB. For more information, visit: https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/games/actraiser-renaissance
- Related Links:
- Official Website: https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/games/actraiser-renaissance
- Twitter: @SquareEnix
- Facebook: @SquareEnix
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/SquareEnixNA
- Instagram: @SquareEnix
Chocobo GP Races to Nintendo Switch in 2022
Summon the Lord of Light and Defeat Evil With Actraiser Renaissance, Remastered for Modern Platforms
The Super Nintendo Classic is Now Available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4, PC and Mobile Devices
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 163 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
Source: Official Press Release