What You Need to Know:
- During an evening press conference in Japan, Nippon TV along with their subsidiary company AX-E Entertainment, officially announced their e-Sports team called "AXIZ". This is incredible news for the competitive scene in Japan as this now encourages more players to take part in major events, but also gives players around the world a chance to see Japan's strongest players take to the main stage.
- The main logo motiv is meant to express strength and power, using the big fangs and horn to emphasize that meaning even further. The new team aims to be the central figure in the growing e-Sports scene in Japan and with this logo, they're dedicated to being at the head of the pack.
- The goal of AXIZ is to change the perspective of the e-sports scene around the world to a positive one for players, while raising awareness about e-Sports for more people to engage.
- AXIZ plans to kick off their plans during the Shadowverse Pro League, which takes place July 7th - July 27th, with their goal to enter into the multigaming scene in Japan. The MC at the event was singer and songwriter DAIGO who took part in the PUBG activities, along with Rina Ikoma, and Kishi Okawa, all of whom are avid gamers and look forward to bringing this scene into the spotlight.
- E-sports specialty program eGG (e-Sports Good Game) plans to kick off their official broadcast on July 19th from 24:59 (12:59JST) and will be aired on CS NTV Plus, BS NTV, NTV Free (TADA), Tver、GYAO、Hulu、and OPENREC.
Source: Official Press Release
This is amazing news for the Japan e-Sports scene! Glad to see more teams are popping up!
This will definitely encourage more players to come out and really work hard to become pros!