With conventions happening all over the U.S., I feel it’s important to know which ones are worth going to and why. Today we’re going to be taking a look at PokeCON, hosted by Sukoshi Con! I’m going to give a breakdown of all the information you need in order to decide whether or not you’d like to go – but remember it does start tomorrow so you better decide quick.
- Louisville, KY
- Crowne Hotel and Expo Center
830 Phillips Lane
Louisville, KY 40209
If you’re in the area this is definitely going to be a Con to check out!
- January 9, 2015
- January 10, 2015
- January 11, 2015
- 3 Day Pass - $50
- January 9th - $30
- January 10th - $40
- January 11th - $20
So if you’re looking to go more than one day it’s financially better to just swing for the 3 Day Pass – even if you’re only looking to go two of the three days.
- Tom Wayland – Ikki Tousen, One Piece, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and many more!
- Kyle Hebert – Bleach, Attack on Titan, Accel World, D.Gray-Man, Dragonball, Durarara!! and many more!
- Lucien Dodge – Bleach, Fate/Zero, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Pokémon, Sword Art Online and many more!
- All Previous
- Stuart Zagnit – Pokémon, Slayers, Twin Angels and many more!
- Vic Mignogna – Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z, Fullmetal Alchemist, League of Legends, and many more!
- All Previous
- Warky T. Chocobo – Music and lyricist
There are expected to be many more guest appearances from notable cosplayers; including PikaFreak Rachel and Cheshire!
The cosplay contest is to begin on 6PM Saturday the 10th in panel room 1. With the extra guest cosplayers you probably don’t want to miss this!
Nearby Hotels & Amenities
Especially if you’re going to be traveling to Louisville you may be wondering what hotels are nearby that you could contact, well let me help you out here:
- Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport Expo Center
Starting at $119 a night you can reach them at (502) 367-2251.
- Courtyard Louisville Airport
Beginning at $93 a night it would be your next best bet for reserving a room close to the Expo Center. You can reach the hotel at (502) 368-5678.
- Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport
At $125 a night it’s the most expensive of the three; however if there’s no other rooms available at the others this one would be your next best bet. You may reach them at (502) 637-2424.
If you’re worried about nearby restaurants or fast food joints, don’t be! There’s plenty that can be found very close and if you want to be absolutely sure, you can find a list on the Sukoshi Con’s website here. I personally suggest the Hard Rock Café and Steak ’N Shake!
For a full list of information on the upcoming event you can find it on their website at: