Atelier Lulua - Alchemy with Elmerulia (1)
What You Need to Know:
- KOEI TECMO America earlier today revealed additional details on the core synthesis gameplay system, as well as a must-have Limited Edition version for their upcoming release; Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland.
- Following the adventures of the young Lulua Frixell, Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland has players set out to uncover the mysteries of an ancient codex and the land of Arland itself. Along Lulua’s journey she will discover beautiful lands – some new and some unexplored – while others have been affected by the tides of time since Rorona, Totori, and Meruru once traveled across Arland. Throughout these diverse environments, players will find a bounty of raw materials. As they fully explore each area they will not only unlock new places to navigate, but they will have a higher chance of finding rarer resources to help Lulua in her quest to learn the ultimate truth about the mysterious kingdom of Arland.
- These rare materials are used as part of the game’s Synthesis system, a fundamental part of the Atelier series which allows alchemists to create new items. In Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland players will decrypt the codex to unlock a variety of new and exciting recipes which will in turn, help them throughout their adventure. The synthesis system in this latest entry combines the Arland trilogy’s quality and trait systems; allowing for items to take on entirely new characteristics, along with the Mysterious trilogy’s elements and boost items, giving items powerful abilities that would not be previously possible. These fresh-yet-familiar systems synthesize together with the new Awaken Effect mechanic to offer a bounty of possibilities to aspiring alchemists.
- When at the cauldron, players can use a raw material with the Awakened Effect ability in the mix to give the resulting item a secondary element. Combine a Fire Damage Awakened Effect material with a Thunder Bomb and the resulting item will be a bomb which releases both thunder and fire for a devastating blow. As players learn all of the synthesis system’s intricacies, they will be able to create a variety of unique and useful items to use throughout the lands of Arland and in battle.
- In addition to the new gameplay details, KOEI TECMO America also revealed an enchanting Limited Edition version of Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland, exclusively available through the NISA Online Store. The Limited Edition is packed with must-have content for Atelier series fans, including a physical version of the game, a hardcover art book, the ‘Sound Archives’ official soundtrack, keychains of Lulua & Rorona, and a deluxe cloth poster. The Limited Edition all comes packaged together in a delightful collector’s box featuring artwork of the young aspiring alchemist, Lulua.
Atelier Lulua - Alchemy with Elmerulia (2)
Source: Official Press Release
Man, that's a lot of new info but it's so worth it!