What You Need to Know:
- Tales of ARISE will arrive September 10, 2021 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via STEAM. Tales of ARISE marks the latest entry in the Tales of brand, which has spanned over 25 years, and the next evolution for the JRPG franchise. Players who purchase Tales of ARISE for PlayStation 4 will be eligible for a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version*. Tales of ARISE for Xbox players will come in a Cross-Generational Double Pack. More details about the upgrade process will be available soon.
- Tales of ARISE follows the story of Alphen, an iron-masked individual whose home planet of Dahna has been enslaved and stripped of natural resources for the past 300 years by the nearby planet of Rena. As Alphen fights to free his people he encounters Shionne, a girl from Rena who is on the run from her countrymen. Both Alphen and Shionne will be joined throughout the journey by a supporting cast of characters to help in their fight for freedom.
- Tales of ARISE carries the DNA of the much-loved Tales of franchise while also introducing advanced graphics and an evolved combat system to help push the series into the future. A new “Atmospheric Shader” developed by BANDAI NAMCO Studios adds subtle touches to the look and feel of the world evoking a hand-drawn painting. Combat has also evolved, allowing for a better sense of spectacle and direct player feedback based upon their actions. The graphics, combat system, characters, and story all work together to present a vivid and realized world that will immerse players as they are transported to the many environments and biomes they will explore throughout their time with Tales of ARISE.
- Tales of ARISE is now available for physical and digital pre-order on all platforms. Pre-orders will receive a new costume for Alphen and Shionne, as well as outfit accessories and new cooking recipes and ingredients.
- In addition to the standard version of the game, Tales of ARISE will feature a Digital Deluxe and Ultimate Edition on digital storefronts as well as a physical Collector’s Edition exclusive to the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. online store. Each version will come with the following items:
- Digital Deluxe Edition
- Premium Item Pack – Contains gold, cooking items and Boosts
- Premium Costume Pack – Eight full costumes and six accessories
- Premium Travel Pack – Better cooking and crafting abilities and discounts in shops
- Digital Ultimate Edition
- All content found in Digital Deluxe Edition
- Additional costumes for playable characters and special costumes in collaboration with other BANDAI NAMCO franchises.
- Collector’s Edition (sold exclusively through BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.’s online store
- Standard Edition of Tales of ARISE
- Exclusive 18-cm Alphen and Shionne figurine
- Steelbook case
- 64-page hardcover art book
- Physical CD soundtrack
TALES OF ARISE – Release Date Trailer
“We want Tales of ARISE to represent a new milestone for the Tales of franchise. The game has a new artistic direction, making the most out of the Unreal Engine and our newly developed “Atmospheric Shader” to push the graphics and quality and make players feel like they are in a painting. With a story that is more mature and hits on more essential themes than previous games we hope players will be fully immersed in Alphen and Shionne’s journey. We can’t wait for you to be able to play the game later this year.”
Yusuke Tomizawa, Producer on Tales of ARISE from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc
Source: Official Press Release