What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that Teasing Master Takagi-san: The Movie, the feature length follow-up to the cheeky, uplifting anime series of the same name, will appear in select theaters August 14 and 15 for a special theatrical engagement.
- Takagi and Nishikata’s final summer in junior high is about to begin, and it’s already off to a heartwarming start! When the pair find an abandoned kitten, they decide to work together and take care of their adorable new companion until they can locate its missing mother. What follows is the true beginning of this moving story of young love, complete with the delightful teasing and hilarious antics fans have come to expect from this beloved series and its cast of fan-favorite characters.
- The film is directed by series’ veteran Hiroaki Akagi (Teasing Master Takagi-san3, Those Snow White Notes) with animation by Shin-Ei Animation (Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time, Sweetness & Lightning) and scriptwriting from returning writers Hiroko Fukuda (Real Girl, Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue), Aki Itami (Flowers of Evil, Fruits Basket) and Kanichi Katou (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun, Tsugumomo).
- The film reunites the series' seiyuu including Rie Takahashi (KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!, Isekai Quartet) as Takagi and Yuki Kaji (Ahiru no Sora, Attack on Titan) as Nishikata. Inori Minase (Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, The Quintessential Quintuplets) and Haruka Tomatsu (Gintama, ORESUKI - Are You the Only One Who Loves Me?) join the rest of the returning cast as Hana and Ota, respectively.
- Teasing Master Takagi-san: The Movie premiered at Anime Expo 2022 in Los Angeles before heading to theaters for a limited theatrical release. Fans can stream the film exclusively on HIDIVE at a later date.
- For more information and to book tickets in your area, visit their website.
Source: Official Press Release