Supporting Characters Join the Fight, Pushing the Overall Playable Character Count to 37!
What You Need to Know:
- KOEI TECMO America and developer Omega Force announced the addition of 10 new playable fighters in SAMURAI WARRIORS 5, adding in a collection of supporting characters who are now ready to join the battle in KOEI TECMO’s epic tactical-action experience. SAMURAI WARRIORS 5 is currently under development for the Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 Computer Entertainment System (playable on PlayStation®5 via Backward Compatibility), the Xbox One consoles (playable on Xbox Series X|S via Backward Compatibility), and Windows PC via Steam®, and is set to launch across North America on July 27, 2021.
- The SAMURAI WARRIORS 5 characters announced today include ten former non-playable characters who are now ready to fight for the spotlight. These characters feature unique graphics, but since they are more of the game’s supporting cast and not part of the main storyline, they may not have the unique “Power Attacks” and other features that the previously announced 27 characters employ in battle. Nonetheless, these characters are fierce, and should not be overlooked when it comes to combat.
- Members of the new supporting cast include everyone from Nobunaga’s younger brother, Nobuyuki Oda, to Motonari Mōri's grandson, Terumoto Mōri. Additional historic figures will also be featured, including Motonobu Okabe, Katsuyori Takeda, Motoharu Kikkawa, Dōsan Saitō, Yoshitatsu Saitō, Yoshiaki Ashikaga, Yoshikage Asakura, and Fujihide Mitsubuchi.
- In addition, KOEI TECMO confirmed that SAMURAI WARRIORS 5 will receive a slew of post-launch DLC, including all-new scenarios, BGM sets, and horses!
- For more information on SAMURAI WARRIORS 5, please visit the official site, Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/koeitecmous and Follow us on Twitter @koeitecmoUS.
Source: Official Press Release
ABOUT KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP.
KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Burlingame, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl®, and Fatal Frame® series.
SAMURAI WARRIORS 5 ©KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. All rights reserved. SAMURAI WARRIORS 5 is a trademark or registered trademark of KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. The KT logo is a registered trademark of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
©2021 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. "PlayStation Family Mark", "PlayStation", "PS5 logo", "PS5", "PS4 logo", "PS4", "PlayStation Shapes Logo" and "Play Has No Limits" are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Microsoft, the Xbox Sphere mark, the Series X logo, Series S logo, Series X|S logo, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X|S are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo
©2021 Valve Corporation. Steam and the Steam logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries