What You Need to Know:
- Third Éditions is a French publisher dedicated to video games and popular culture, founded in 2015 by Nicolas Courcier and Mehdi El Kanafi, both lovers of quality books and video games. Since then, they have produced multiple, carefully and accurately crafted books on several game franchises like Zelda: The History of a Legendary Saga, Metal Gear Solid: Hideo Kojima’s Magnum Opus, and The Legend of Final Fantasy VII.
- Their next book will be titled The Legend of Final Fantasy IX and will be part of their "The Legend of" series which includes The Legend of Final Fantasy VII and The Legend of Final Fantasy VIII.
- Like with previous books, they have launched a Kickstarter campaign for the English version of the book which will last until the end of October.
- The Legend of Final Fantasy IX has been written by Mehdi El Kanafi & Nicolas Courcier (The Legend of Final Fantasy VII), Fabien Mellado and Raphaël Lucas (BioShock: From Rapture to Columbia).
- Visit the Third Editions website at https://www.thirdeditions.com/en/
- Check out the Kickstarter page to learn, more, share, and donate if you're interested in this awesome piece of gamer literature!
"Underneath their fancy covers, our books are filled with pages upon pages of impassioned writing. In addition to looking into the games’ development, they offer an in-depth analysis covering every aspect of the titles in question; their lore, themes, game design, music, and much more. This is in keeping with Third Editions’ editorial line, embodied by the three core concepts that comprise the framework of all of our books: Creation, Universe, and Decryption. In this way, we endeavor to explain how, why and when these games were made, what they became, and illustrate their importance in a context of popular culture."
Official Press Release
About Third Editions
Based in Toulouse, France, Third Editions is a publishing company founded in 2015 by Mehdi El Kanafi and Nicolas Courcier. Veterans of the video game industry and fascinated by print media since childhood, they combined their passions and co-wrote several books on major series: Zelda: The History of a Legendary Saga, Metal Gear Solid: Hideo Kojima’s Magnum Opus, and The Legend of Final Fantasy VII. Each release is a comprehensive record produced with true passion and the utmost care for accuracy. Third Editions has now published more than 80 books in France, all dedicated to the video game industry and pop culture, and is now localizing select titles for the enjoyment of readers around the world.