Singer Chosen for the Theme Song of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie!
What You Need to Know:
- With more than one million subscribers on her YouTube channel and having garnered over one hundred million views on her videos, it’s none other than MindaRyn—the anisong singer who is currently gaining attention worldwide!
- The highly celebrated isekai fantasy series That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (aka TenSura) with over 30 million copies in circulation will be getting its first feature film entitled That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie: Scarlet Bond. It will hit Japanese theaters this year on November 25. The film is getting a lot of attention due to the fact that Fuse, the author of the original light novel series, is in charge of drafting its brand-new original story. And this time the theme song will be sung once again by MindaRyn, an anisong artist who is currently drawing attention from around the globe.
- MindaRyn is a YouTuber from Thailand who mainly puts out anisong cover videos. She was discovered by the Japanese recording company Lantis and in 2020 she made her artist debut singing the ending theme song for a TV anime series. Since then, she sang theme songs for numerous anime including the second opening theme song for season 2 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Her YouTube channel now has over one million subscribers and her videos have surpassed one hundred million views. Having such popularity around the world, MindaRyn is a highly anticipated choice for the theme song of the series’ first movie.
- The music video for “Like Flames,” which was used as the second opening theme song for season 2 of the anime, has enjoyed popularity with over 10 million views. The theme song written for the movie is called “Make Me Feel Better” and its theme focuses on “the bonds of friendship.” It’s a rock number sung with the feeling that “you can overcome any hardship if you have people who are important to you” and allows you to feel the refreshing sensation that comes over you when your adventure is finally over.
- MindaRyn talked about the joy of being part of TenSura, which she fell in love with while living in Thailand, being continually involved in anime, and her thoughts and enthusiasm that she put into the theme song “Make Me Feel Better.” She said that, “This theme song is about ‘the bonds of friendship’ and ‘being connected,’ so it has a very bright feel to it. The feeling of hope is also reflected in the lyrics and melody. As I sang, I thought about the happiness that lies ahead of overcoming hardships together with friends.”
- In addition, artists TRUE and STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION will be performing insert songs for the movie. Both of them have been involved in theme songs in the TenSura TV anime series and now they’ll be livening up the story even more in the theatrical movie. Expectations are growing for the many exciting songs in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie: Scarlet Bond, which is slated for release on November 25 in Japan. We hope you enjoy the movie in theaters along with its theme song “Make Me Feel Better” and the insert songs!
- TenSura Portal Site: www.ten-sura.com, Twitter: @ten_sura_anime, Instagram: tensura_official, TikTok: @ten_sura_anime
Theme Song “Make Me Feel Better”: MindaRyn
TenSura is one of the works I really love and when I was chosen to sing the opening theme song for the TV anime, I was so happy that I nearly fainted. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d get offered to sing for the movie, so I feel very honored to do so. The main theme of the theme song “Make Me Feel Better” is “the bonds of friendship.” I think it connects well with the bonds depicted between Rimuru and the people of Tempest and Hiiro and Benimaru in the movie, and conveys the feeling that they can overcome anything for the sake of their loved ones. Together with their friends they overcome their hardships, and I sang while thinking about the happiness that lies ahead of them. It’s a song in which you can feel the bonds of friendship and the refreshing feeling you get after an adventure comes to an end. Please be sure to enjoy the movie and the song in theaters!
MindaRyn hails from Thailand. Wanting to become more serious about her dream of becoming an anime singer, she started uploading anisong cover videos on YouTube. This led to her being discovered by Lantis, under whom she made her artist debut in 2020 singing “BLUE ROSE knows,” the ending theme song of the anime By the Grace of the Gods. Following her debut, she sang numerous theme songs for other anime including That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2: Part 2 and the second season of Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest. Currently, her YouTube channel has more than one million subscribers and her videos have surpassed one hundred million views. In December 2022 her first album, My Journey, is scheduled to be released and contains “Make Me Feel Better,” the theme song for Scarlet Bond.
Insert Song “Jōka”: TRUE
In 2014 she debuted as the artist “TRUE.” She got her start singing the opening theme song for the anime Buddy Complex and went on to sing a slew of other theme songs. She is a skilled singer able to sing all kinds of songs, from intensely passionate ones to majestic ballads.
In 2016, TRUE held her first solo concert in Tokyo and tickets for it sold out immediately. She then went on a three-city concert tour to Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka in 2017, followed by a five-city Japan live tour in 2018. Both were hugely popular and well-received. The next year was the fifth year anniversary of her debut, which she commemorated with a special solo live concert. Her next solo concert is scheduled to be performed at NHK Hall in February 2023.
In addition to singing, TRUE also writes lyrics under her real name, Miho Karasawa. She was involved in composing music for the anime Aikatsu Stars! and Macross Delta, as well as for a number of character songs, artists and voice actors including Eir Aoi and Inori Minase.
Insert Song “SPARKLES”: STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION
STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION is a sound-making project by R.O.N., who is active in many fields such as songwriting/composition/arrangement for anime soundtracks and producing music for other artists. The project was named after the idea of diving into the stereo sound source.
R.O.N., a multi-talented musician who can play any kind of instrument, is a sound artisan with a powerful sense of melody and a track-making style that utilizes futuristic synth work. He is willing to use any and every means of expression possible to produce his desired sound—intense, pop, beauty; he will create every kind of musical expression to be experienced by his audience. That is STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION.
Music Product Launch Info for Theatrical Release of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie: Scarlet Bond
Theme Song & Insert Song Album Eien no Kizuna
The album features the theme song “Make Me Feel Better” by MindaRyn and insert songs by TRUE and STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION, plus instrumental versions for a total of 10 tracks. The limited edition includes a drama CD of an original side story overseen by Fuse.
Standard Edition: ¥2,420 (tax included)
Product No.: LACA- 25024
Limited Edition (w/ Drama CD): ¥3,300 (tax included)
Product No.: LACZ-10119~10120
Original Soundtrack Tensei Shitara Movie Soundtrack Datta Ken
Standard Edition: ¥3,630 (tax included)
Product No.: LACA-9915~9916
Limited Edition (w/ deleted scenes viewing card): ¥5,170 (tax included)
Product No.: LACZ-10121~10122
The limited edition comes with a viewing card that lets you watch deleted scenes from the movie for a limited time only.
*Products go on sale November 25!
At Long Last TenSura Evolves to the Big Screen!
In theaters nationwide on November 25!
TenSura Movie Official Website: https://movie.ten-sura.com/
The story is set in Raja, located to the west of Tempest. It used to be a flourishing nation thanks to its gold mines, but now there is no trace of the prosperity that once existed—the mines have poisoned the lake and the nation has fallen into dire states. Queen Towa used the magical power of her tiara, which has been passed down from generation to generation in the royal family, to remove the poison and protect her people. However, the magic comes at a cost. The curse that was cast upon the tiara has consumed her body and is eating away at her life. Amidst all of this, a survivor of the Ogres, Hiiro, suddenly appears in Tempest. He’s supposedly Benimaru’s older brother and tells them that his life was saved by Towa. Hiiro, who has come to Tempest to enlist the aid of Rimuru to help him save Raja and Towa, has a fateful reunion with Benimaru. Rimuru and friends make their way towards Raja to help the nation out from its crisis and unravel the mysteries surrounding Towa’s curse, but they find themselves getting embroiled into an unbelievable conspiracy.
Rimuru: Miho Okasaki / Hiiro: Yuma Uchida / Towa: Riko Fukumoto / Benimaru: Makoto Furukawa / Great Sage: Megumi Toyoguchi / Veldora: Tomoaki Maeno / Shuna: Sayaka Senbongi / Shion: M.A.O / Souei: Takuya Eguchi / Hakurou: Houchu Otsuka / Kurobe: Junichi Yanagita / Rigurd: Kanehira Yamamoto / Gobta: Asuna Tomari / Ranga: Chikahiro Kobayashi / Geld: Taro Yamaguchi / Gabiru: Jun Fukushima / Diablo: Takahiro Sakurai / Lacua: Subaru Kimura
Original Creators: Taiki Kawakami, Fuse, Mitz Vah, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Kodansha Monthly Shōnen Sirius Serialization) / Story Draft: Fuse / Director: Yasuhito Kikuchi / Screenplay: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu / Character Design: Ryouma Ebata / Monster Design: Takahiro Kishida / Chief Animation Director: Yuichi Tanaka / Concept Art: Kenichiro Tomiyasu (INEI) / Art Design: Rémy Boisseuil, Masahiro Sato / Art Director: Ayumu Sato / Art: Studio Naya / Color Design: Maki Saito / Graphic Design: Yuji Ikuhara / CGI Producer: Masaya Machida / Editing: Yumi Jinguji / Photography Director: Hiroshi Sato / Photography: Chiptune / Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa / Music: Jin Fujima (Elements Garden) / Animation Studio: 8-Bit / Distributor: Bandai Namco Filmworks ©Taiki Kawakami, Fuse, KODANSHA/ “Ten-Sura” Project
Source: Official Press Release