Hayao Miyazaki’s Beloved Adventure Returns to the Big Screen for 3 Nights Only
Screening Accompanied by the Olympics-Inspired Short Film “Tomorrow’s Leaves”
What You Need to Know:
- Tickets are on sale now for celebratory 35th anniversary screenings of esteemed director Hayao Miyazaki’s beloved classic Castle in the Sky. The film marks the third of four features in Studio Ghibli Fest 2021 – the continued collaboration between GKIDS, the acclaimed producer and distributor of multiple Academy Award®-nominated animated features, and Fathom Events, to deliver timeless classics from Academy Award®-winning director Hayao Miyazaki and the legendary Studio Ghibli to U.S. cinemas throughout the fall.
- The film will be shown in both original Japanese and English dubbed versions. In addition to the feature content, Tomorrow’s Leaves, the short film inspired by the Olympics, from director Yoshiyuki Momose and Studio Ponoc (Mary and the Witch’s Flower) screens exclusively before Castle in the Sky.
- Tickets for Castle in the Sky and the rest of Ghibli Fest 2021 can be purchased online by visiting GhibliFest.com, FathomEvents.com, or at participating theater box offices (theater participants are subject to change). Please contact your local theater for individual safety precautions.
- Castle in the Sky 35th Anniversary
- Sunday, November 14, 2021, 3:00 PM (English Dubbed)
- Monday, November 15, 2021, 7:00 PM (Japanese with Subtitles)
- Thursday, November 18, 2021, 7:00 PM (English Dubbed)
GKIDS is the producer and distributor of award-winning feature animation for both adult and family audiences. Since 2010, the company has scored an astounding 12 Best Animated Feature Oscar nominations with The Secret of Kells in 2010, A Cat in Paris and Chico & Rita in 2012, Ernest & Celestine in 2014, The Tale of The Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea in 2015, Boy and the World and When Marnie Was There in 2016, My Life as a Zucchini in 2017, The Breadwinner in 2018, Mirai in 2019, and Wolfwalkers in 2021. GKIDS handles North American distribution for the famed Studio Ghibli library of films, one of the world’s most coveted animation collections with titles Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke and others; as well as the critically acclaimed television series, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also, GKIDS is the founder and host of ANIMATION IS FILM, the annual LA-based film festival which embraces the highest aspirations of animation as a cinematic art form, and is a vocal advocate for filmmakers who push the boundaries of the medium to its fullest range of artistic expressions. www.gkids.com
About Fathom Events
Fathom is a recognized leader in the entertainment industry as one of the top distributors of content to movie theaters in North America. Owned by AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC); Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK); and Regal Cinemas, a subsidiary of the Cineworld Group (LSE: CINE.L)., Fathom operates the largest cinema distribution network, delivering a wide variety of programming and experiences to cinema audiences in all of the top U.S. markets and to more than 45 countries. For more information, visit www.FathomEvents.com.
Source: Official Press Release