Fans Everywhere Invited to Join Virtual Livestream Watch Party Featuring First Two of Episodes of New “World Trigger” Season 2
What You Need to Know:
- On the heels of last week’s worldwide premiere of World Trigger Season 2, Toei Animation released details today for its special livestream event teased to fans just before Christmas.
- To celebrate the new season’s launch, Toei Animation will host its first-ever virtual global fan event – the World Trigger Season 2 Global Livestream Watch Party – on Saturday, January 30 when anime fans across the United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe can come together for this special simulcast event on Toei Animation’s U.S. Facebook and YouTube channels.
- Hosted by social media personalities Justin Rojas (HomeCon / Envy Gaming) and Lisa Wallen (Kawaii Five-O Podcast), the “World Trigger” Season 2 Global Livestream Watch Party will include a series introduction and special video message to fans from Japanese cast members Tomo Muranaka (voice of “Yūma Kuga”), Kenta Tanaka (voice of “Sumiharu Inukai”), Toshiyuki Toyonaga (voice of “Ratarykov”) and Ayumu Murase (voice of “Reghindetz”) followed a screening of “World Trigger” Season 2 Eps 1 & 2 (in Japanese with English subtitles) along with post-episode discussions and promotional giveaways.
- This two-hour fan event starts at 5:00 pm Pacific / 8:00 pm Eastern on Saturday. International local times include: 7:00 pm Mexico City, 10:00 pm São Paulo, 2:00 am Paris (Sunday) and 12:00 pm Sydney (Sunday). Each episode will be followed by host commentary along with fan giveaways.
- Based on the sci-fi action manga serialized by Shueisha, “World Trigger” was originally released by Toei Animation as a 73-episode series in 2014-2016. For the production of Seasons 2 & 3, Toei Animation has brought together a new series director, Morio Hatano (“Dragon Ball Super” - Future Trunks saga), with the original voice cast and key members of the original staff including Hiroyuki Yoshino (series composition writer for Eps 1-48), Kenji Kawai (music composer) and Toshihisa Kaiya (character designer).
“World Trigger” Season 2 Global Livestream Watch Party
Date: Saturday, January 30, 2021
Time: U.S.& Canada: 5 pm Pacific / 8 pm Eastern
International: 7 pm Mexico • 10 pm São Paulo • 2 am Paris (Sunday) • 12 pm Sydney (Sunday)
Duration: 2 hours
Hosts: Justin Rojas (HomeCon / Envy Gaming) and Lisa Wallen (Kawaii Five-O Podcast)
Guests: Special video message to fans from Japanese cast members Tomo Muranaka (voice of “Yūma Kuga”), Kenta Tanaka (voice of “Sumiharu Inukai”), Toshiyuki Toyonaga (voice of “Ratarykov”) and Ayumu Murase (voice of “Reghindetz”)
Program: Series introduction, special video message, screening of Season 2 Eps 1 & 2 (in Japanese with English subtitles) and post-episode commentary as well as promotional giveaways throughout the livestream
Source: Official Press Release
World Trigger Season 2 Synopsis
Border Defence Agency was established to counter the attacks from the "Neighbors," beings from the other world possessing unknown forces. A low rank Border agent, Osamu Mikumo, teams up with a Neighbor, Yuma Kuga, and a childhood friend, Chika Amatori. They strive to win through the Rank Wars within the Border to be selected for the away squads to the "Neighborhood," the other world. Meanwhile, another attack from the Neighborhood was detected. Mikado City is still damaged from the second large-scale invasion by the largest military nation, Aftokrator. To prevent panic among the city and citizens, Border arranges a confidential interception based on the foresight of Yuichi Jin by mainly deploying selected A-Rank elite squads. But when a Gate appears, and Attacker rank #1 Kei Tachikawa set to take action, Jin sees an ominous future.
About Toei Animation Inc.
Based in Los Angeles, Toei Animation Inc. manages the film and TV series distribution of Toei Animation’s top properties – some of the world’s biggest anime franchises including Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, One Piece, Digimon, Saint Seiya and many others – to North America, Latin America, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. In addition, within these territories, Toei Animation Inc. handles all categories of consumer product licensing based on Toei Animation’s film and television brands. For more information, please visit toei-animation-usa.com.