Surprise and Delight “Godzilla Tales” Shorts Dropping Weekly for the Rest of 2020
New Kaiju-Themed Licensing Collaborations with Mediatonic, Shag and Mondo All Set to Stomp Ahead
What You Need to Know:
- Leading up to the iconic kaiju’s 66th birthday on November 3, Toho International, Inc. revealed a slew of Godzilla brand and licensing announcements to help fans celebrate Godzilla Day in ways like never before.
- The company announces a batch of all-new episodes to drop weekly for its popular “Godzilla Tales” series, which has garnered more than 325K views to-date. Toho also unveils new Godzilla-themed licensing collaborations in gaming, apparel, collectibles and more categories.
- “Godzilla Tales” recently dropped as a surprise and delight for fans, bringing Godzilla classic monsters to screens everywhere in bite-sized formats. The series uses iconic footage from dozens of Godzilla films, reformatted into a series of episodes that capture the fun and adventure Godzilla is known for. With nearly 20 episodes ranging from spoofs to original themes, these lighthearted shorts are for fans from all walks of life.
- Watch episodes of “Godzilla Tales” out now! with new episodes dropping weekly on the Nerdist YouTube Channel now through the end of the year.
- Toho is furthering the Godzilla Day celebrations with the following licensee collaborations:
- Mediatonic recently teased its Godzilla crossover to the world, bringing the fan-favorite kaiju to its hit multiplayer game Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. Beginning November 3, through a limited time only, fans will have the opportunity to wear the all-new Godzilla skin in the game. Fall Guys is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.
- Famous American artist Shag (aka Josh Agle), through the Shag store, is combining retro cool with reptile cool through a special limited edition, hand-pulled silkscreen serigraph print in two colorways. This sleekly designed artwork calls back to the classic Showa Era of titles in the Godzilla filmography, with Godzilla in the ‘60s with a wash of swagger and swank that only Shag can deliver.
- Mondo continues its stellar lineup of Godzilla products with some brand-new collectibles. Capturing the world of Godzilla in its unique style, Mondo once again delivers one of its most popular collaborations with all new tiki mugs, apparel, and for the first time with the Godzilla brand, a line of vinyl figures and statues portraying Godzilla like nobody has done before. See entire Godzilla collection HERE.
- On November 3, 1954, Godzilla made its first appearance in Toho’s “Godzilla,” a classic monster movie widely regarded as a masterpiece. The date is officially Godzilla’s birthday, with a Godzilla Festival held in Japan each year to celebrate. In 2019, the festival gathered over 20,000 visitors, and this year’s event will be held virtually where even more fans are expected to tune-in.
“Fans of Godzilla roar louder than any community I know, and we still want to make sure they are able to commemorate their favorite character in exciting new ways. With more people online than ever, now is the perfect opportunity to treat fans to the hilarious ‘Godzilla Tales’ series, while also filling the gap between our major theatrical release next year with ‘Godzilla vs. Kong.’ We are thrilled with the seamless collaboration of our licensees to deliver even more meaningful experiences and products to fans.”
Lora Cohn, Managing Director, Toho International, Inc.
Source: Official Press Release
Toho Company, Limited, is a Japanese entertainment studio focused on the development, production, exhibition, and distribution of powerful live action and animated content including motion pictures, television and theater. Founded in 1932, Toho remains a prominent force in bringing brands and original storytelling with versatile talents to audiences worldwide. Its subsidiaries include Toho Cinemas, the highest grossing exhibition company in Japan, and Toho International, Inc., a U.S. established incorporated company that manages and commercializes Toho’s intellectual property portfolio. To learn more about Toho, visit: www.toho.co.jp/en/.