What You Need to Know:
- Tokyo International Music Market (TIMM) will present its annual music showcase on November 4-6. The three-day event will be livestreamed for music fans worldwide via TIMM's official YouTube channel.
- Now in its 17th year, TIMM brings together music industry professionals, buyers, and artist representatives for seminars, performances, and business meetings designed to build relationships and spark financial partnerships promoting Japanese music artists to the ever-changing international market.
- In addition, the TIMM Business Seminar for international delegates will also be uploaded to TIMM's YouTube channel. This year's seminar – titled "Diggin’ Japanese Popular Music" – will be moderated by BBC radio broadcaster and producer Nick Luscombe with guest speakers from L.A., London, and Paris.
- This year's TIMM Live Showcase will feature a wide-ranging group of new and popular artists from a variety of music genres, including pop, rock, hip-hop, punk, traditional, and soul. The final day's concert, titled "JAPAN ANIME MUSIC SHOWCASE 2020", will focus exclusively on anisong artists, sponsored by JAMLAB., the online BtoB platform focused on Japanese anime music, organized by JMCE. JAMLAB. Info: https://japan-animemusic.com/en/
- The JAPAN ANIME MUSIC SHOWCASE 2020 will include MindaRyn, a Thai Youtuber who made her debut as an artist from Lantis with the ending theme song "BLUE ROSE knows" of the TV anime "By the Grace of the Gods"; Ayane, who debuted in 2004 and has worked on theme songs for popular TV anime such as "Umisho" and "AYAKASHI"; newbie JUNNA, who does vocals for the music group "WALKURE" in "MACROSSΔ" and is the youngest singer in the series; and legend Yoko Takahashi, known for "Cruel Angel's Thesis", the theme for "Neon Genesis Evangelion" will be closing the night.
- All times JST. *Performance times and lineup are subject to change. Please check TIMM's official website for details.
- DAY 1 - Wednesday November 4
- DAY 2 - Thursday November 5
- DAY 3 - Friday November 6 - JAMLAB. presents "Japan Anime Music Showcase 2020"
17th TIMM LIVE Schedule and Livestream Links
19:25-19:50 GOOD BYE APRIL
20:15-20:40 FOUR GET ME A NOTS
19:00-19:25 I LUV ME
19:25-19:50 Ryoma Quartet
20:40-21:05 SHARE LOCK HOMES
21:05-21:30 4s4ki (pronounced ASAKI)
20:15-20:40 Yoko TAKAHASHI
Source: Official Press Release
Tokyo International Music Market (TIMM) is the one and only music market in Japan that offers Japanese music a platform for overseas expansion and international exchange in the rapidly changing global music industry.
The main components of TIMM are the Marketplace/Business Matching with overseas buyers, the Business Seminars, which are very popular every year, and the Live Music Showcase offering an opportunity for musicians to appeal directly to overseas buyers.
This year’s 17th TIMM will be held online only.