Nine-Day Event Will Host Esports Showdowns, Free Demos, Beloved Voice Actors, and More
What You Need to Know:
- Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, creator of Cyberpunk 2020 Mike Pondsmith, and AAA panelists highlight a star-studded lineup at PAX Online 2020, the 9-day digital event transforming North America, Australia, and the UK’s most attended gaming events into a global celebration of gaming culture.
- Taking place Saturday, Sept. 12 through Sunday, Sept. 20 PT, the free show combines several of the industry’s largest events including PAX West, PAX AUS, and EGX to feature community activities, esports events, can’t-miss panels from fan-favorite industry creatives, journalists, and content creators, and hands-on demos from some of 2020’s most anticipated titles.
- The nine-day expo of gaming will open with the creator of the seminal Cyberpunk franchise Mike Pondsmith delivering the storytime keynote on Sept. 12 at 10:15 a.m. PT, live on Twitch.
- The official Discord server for PAX Online will bring together these hallmarks, which have delighted millions of PAX attendees over the years, alongside dedicated community spaces to create a central event hub with everything fans need to enjoy the celebration.
- On Thursday, Sept. 15 PT, the legendary Tony Hawk will appear at PAX Arena to provide commentary for a special Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 tournament presented by OMEN and Intel. Alongside renowned skate photographer Atiba Jefferson, Hawk will break down top-tier play from a hand-selected group of the THPS community’s finest, including Prod1gyX and TylerLasagna. The winner will receive a skate deck signed by Hawk along with OMEN gear and the opportunity to donate OMEN setups to a charity of their choice.
- The prestigious PAX Online Indie Showcase will highlight 20 of the best upcoming independent titles from around the world, including Boyfriend Dungeon (Kitfox Games), Dreamscaper (Afterburner Studios), Later Alligator (SmallBü, Pillow Fight), and Parkasaurus (Washbear Studio).
- PAX Online continues other beloved show traditions, including a jam-packed panel schedule. Composers for next-gen titles like Sarah Schachner (Assassin’s Creed Valhalla) and Gareth Coker (Halo Infinite) will tease the audio experience of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, legendary creator Sid Meier will share the story of his career, and a fan Q&A and diversity discussion will unite the Overwatch voice actors who bring Pharah, Symmetra, Hanzo, Winston, Zenyatta, Echo, Baptiste, and Sombra to life. Ted Price of Insomniac Games (Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart) and Brian Fleming of Sucker Punch Productions (Ghost of Tsushima) will record a special episode of Game Maker’s Notebook, and Gearbox will host an hour-long segment sharing what’s coming next from the studio.
- The hits keep coming with an exciting lineup of panels brought to attendees by EGX. Acclaimed composer-vocalist pairings Gareth Coker and Aeralie Brighton (Ori and the Will of the Wisps), Joris de Man and Julie Elven (Horizon Forbidden West), and Inon Zur and Mimi Page (Fallout 4) will share their collaborative process and how to imbue games with emotional, iconic scores. In celebration of the HITMAN series’ 20th anniversary, Agent 47 voice actor David Bateson will sit down with Eurogamer’s Ian Higton to reminisce on the series’ legacy, his acting career, and what it’s like portraying one of the most iconic and dangerous characters in video games.
- PAX Online 2020 is a digital event and free to attend. For schedules, FAQs, and more, check out the official website of PAX Online and follow PAX on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, and Instagram. The official PAX Online Discord server will host the global attending audience, with details to come.
- Limited edition merchandise for PAX Online is now available via the online store, with more planned to go live during the event.
- Checkout the full event schedule!
Source: Official Press Release
PAX is a series of gaming conventions held in Seattle, Boston, Melbourne, Philadelphia, and San Antonio. Founded by Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik, authors of the popular web comic Penny Arcade, each PAX is a show dedicated to supporting and celebrating video and tabletop gaming.
Since PAX’s inception in 2004, millions of attendees have enjoyed the expo floor halls filled with booths from major game publishers and independent developers, panels from video game industry insiders, game culture-inspired concerts, LAN parties, tabletop gaming, competitions and much more.
About Penny Arcade
Penny Arcade has been the world’s most popular webcomic for over 20 years, with over 3.5 million readers. Started in 1998 in the living room of Mike Krahulik & Jerry Holkins, it has grown into a media empire encompassing multiple beloved properties such as Lookouts, Automata, and beloved D&D live-play series Acquisitions Incorporated. Penny Arcade was responsible for the creation of Child’s Play, a gaming charity that has raised over $45 million dollars for children across the world. They are also the founders of PAX, the number one consumer gaming festival in North America, with hundreds of thousands of loyal visitors every year.