What You Need to Know:
- Fate is a huge franchise, starting off as a series of light novels that then became adapted into many, many anime and spin-offs. But which out of the anime produced did Japanese fans enjoy the most?
- To find out, Akiba Souken held a poll from March 28 to April 29, receiving 1,466 votes overall. Now, we can bring you the results!
- So which of the franchise was fated (sorry) to take the glorious top spot? Let's find out!
Top 10 - Top 6
10. Fate/stay night Movie: Unlimited Blade Works / 13 votes
9. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! / 19 votes
8. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! / 22 votes
7. Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel / 24 votes
6. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya / 27 votes
Top 5 - Top 1
5. Fate/stay night
- Episodes: 24
- Aired: January 2006 to June 2006
Rescued from a hellish inferno as a child and taught the art of magecraft by Kiritsugu Emiya, Shirou Emiya idolized his adoptive father. After his father's untimely death, Shirou vowed to follow in his footsteps and fight for the good of the world.
Years later, Shirou lingers at his school after nightfall and comes across a battle being waged by two superhuman beings known as Servants. When one of these Servants tries to kill him, Shirou ends up summoning a Servant of his own, a knight by the name of Saber. Together, they become the final participants in the fifth Holy Grail War, a free-for-all battle carried out by seven Servants and their summoners, with the prize being a magical device that can grant any wish.
Based off the famous visual novel by Type-Moon, Fate/Stay Night chronicles the trials and challenges that Shirou faces as he enters a battle that he knew nothing about, but that may very well lead him towards the path of becoming a hero like his father… if he survives, that is.
4. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
- Episodes: 10
- Aired: July 2015 to September 2015
Based on the Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! manga by Hiroshi Hiroyama, which is a spin-off of the Fate/stay night erotic visual novel by Type-Moon.
3. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
- Episodes: 12
- Aired: April 2012 to June 2012
The battle for the Holy Grail continues, with more lives lost and more secrets revealed. When the curtain falls, who will emerge victorious is anyone's guess... And what "victorious" truly means, is even more questionable.
2. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
- Episodes: 12
- Aired: October 2014 to December 2014
Being the last of the Toosaka family, a line of magecraft practitioners capable of using magic, Rin Toosaka spends her days as an exemplary student and her nights practicing the family craft. When the time comes for the fifth Holy Grail War, a competition between magic users called Masters and the spirits of dead heroes called Servants, she enters with her Servant, Archer, to uphold her family's tradition and claim the prize - a magical artifact that can grant any wish.
However, a schoolmate by the name of Shirou Emiya becomes involved through coincidence and ends up as the Master of Saber, a powerful Servant in her own right. In the wake of the powerful opposition they face, an alliance is forged between them.
Based off the famous visual novel by Type-Moon, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works tells the story of how Rin and Shirou must work together to survive and unravel the secrets behind the Holy Grail War.
(Source: by MAL)
- Episodes: 13
- Aired: October 2011 to December 2011
With the promise of granting any wish, the omnipotent Holy Grail triggered three wars in the past, each too cruel and fierce to leave a victor. In spite of that, the wealthy Einzbern family is confident that the Fourth Holy Grail War will be different; namely, with a vessel of the Holy Grail now in their grasp. Solely for this reason, the much hated "Magus Killer" Kiritsugu Emiya is hired by the Einzberns, with marriage to their only daughter Irisviel as binding contract.
Kiritsugu now stands at the center of a cutthroat game of survival, facing off against six other participants, each armed with an ancient familiar, and fueled by unique desires and ideals. Accompanied by his own familiar, Saber, the notorious mercenary soon finds his greatest opponent in Kirei Kotomine, a priest who seeks salvation from the emptiness within himself in pursuit of Kiritsugu.
Based on the light novel written by Gen Urobuchi, Fate/Zero depicts the events of the Fourth Holy Grail War—10 years prior to Fate/stay night. Witness a battle royale in which no one is guaranteed to survive.
(Source: MAL Rewrite)