What You Need to Know:
- This week, Ubisoft shared their "Ubisoft Forward" which includes announcements for several upcoming games and other projects. We have rounded up some of the highlights here, but if you want to watch the whole video, you can check it out below!
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition revives the classic beat-‘em-up about love and music in a 2D pixel-art Toronto. Coming Holiday 2020 for PC (including UPLAY+), PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Stadia, the online-enabled re-release includes the original game as well as its original DLC, which adds two playable characters as well as subspace minigames, dodgeball, and PvP battles. More details.
- Just Dance 2021 announced nine additional songs from the tracklist, one of which is available to try now in Just Dance 2020. The game is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and Stadia on November 12, 2020, and to Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. Of particular note, Just Dance 2021’s track “Without Me” by Eminem will be available to try early for one week starting today in Just Dance 2020, either through a Just Dance Unlimited subscription or an active trial period. More details.
- Far Cry VR: Dive Into Insanity is an upcoming location-based virtual-reality experience that will take players back to Far Cry 3’s tropical Rook Islands, where they’ll be reunited with maniacal villain Vaas. Developed in partnership with Zero Latency VR, the experience will push players to work together to explore the islands, fight for their survival, and escape Vaas and his henchmen. More details.
- The Ubisoft Future Women in Games mentorship aims to attract and develop diverse talent for Ubisoft studios around the world.
- Entrants will compete in one of two challenges created by Ubisoft Game Design and Programming experts to showcase their talent. PROGRAMMING: In this technical gameplay challenge, entrants will create and submit a game made entirely in C++ using a provided API. GAME DESIGN: Apply your design sensibilities across the multi-part Game Design challenge that will represent the production journey of a Game Designer at Ubisoft.
- Successful applicants receive mentorship from our experts across programming and game design, and hands-on game development experience.
- While submissions are already closed, you can keep track of the competition and even register for updates on Ubisoft's official competition page.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition
Just Dance 2021
Far Cry VR: Dive Into Insanity
UBISOFT FUTURE WOMEN IN GAMES
Far Cry VR!? I want!!!
Good luck to all the future women in gaming!