What You Need to Know:
- Aniplex of America is pleased to announce that Uchitama?! Have you seen my Tama? has joined its winter 2020 anime line-up and will begin streaming on FunimationNow starting January 9th and then on Crunchyroll starting February 8th.
- In this joint production by MAPPA (Yuri!! on Ice, Kakegurui) and Lapintrack (Sarazanmai, Endride), viewers will get a charming glimpse into the lives of a group of cats and dogs inhabiting a quaint neighborhood on Third Street. Based on the characters from the beloved “Tama & Friends: Have you seen my Tama?” series, which was first introduced in 1983 and made famous on stationery and accessories, Uchitama?! is a new take on a long-established set of characters as the animals take on a human form for the first time ever.
- The series stars Soma Saito (Katsugeki TOUKEN RANBU, ALDNOAH.ZERO) as Tama, the curious pet cat owned by the Okamoto family, and Kensho Ono (Kuroko’s Basketball, ReLIFE) as Pochi, the skittish white dog from the local tofu store and Tama’s best friend. They are joined by fellow felines Tora, the tabby cat from a construction company voiced by Yusuke Shirai (IDOLiSH7, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!), Momo, the prim white cat from the local café voiced by Kana Hanazawa (Cells at Work!, Nisekoi), and Nora, the intelligent yet aloof stray cat voiced by Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia).
- As for Tama’s canine friends, they include Kuro, a dog from the Third Street convenience store voiced by Yuichiro Umehara (DARLING in the FRANXX, Goblin Slayer), Gon, the caring Kansai dog from the furniture store voiced by Wataru Hatano (Fairy Tail, Bungo Stray Dogs), and Bull, the stubborn bulldog owned by the wealthy Kuramochi family voiced by Tomoaki Maeno (Cells at Work!, Yowamushi Pedal).
- Uchitama?! Have you seen my Tama? will be directed by Kiyoshi Matsuda (Kakeguri, Kumaiko – Girl meets Bear) featuring character design by Mai Otsuka (Oreshura, Shakugan no Shana) and music from Tom-H@ck (K-ON!!, Overlord). The opening theme song “Friends” will be performed by pop rock band wacci, while the ending theme song will be a series of character songs with a different song for every episode.
Source: Official Press Release
“Tama & Friends: Have you seen my Tama?” debuted in 1983 as a popular character on stationery and accessories. Tama, the beloved neighborhood cat who is known for the patch on his forehead and yellow ears, has now taken on a human form! Featuring Tama and his quirky friends, Uchitama is a brand-new type of heartwarming anime that might even be the new definition of kawaii!?
In a city somewhere in Japan, there’s a flyer often seen on Third Street with a picture of a cat with a kinked tail, bearing the words: “Have you seen Tama?” A young boy gazes at the flyer, but he has fluffy ears on his head…!? Watch the dogs and cats from Third Street take on a human form and get up to some mischief.
Take a peek into the wonderful lives of Tama and his friends