Japanese pop culture festival to host virtual YouTubers with millions of fans online, introduce them via in-person programs
What You Need to Know:
- Anime NYC Powered By Crunchyroll today announced the latest addition to its 2021 guest roster - five VTubers (“Virtual YouTubers”) from hololive production, the biggest VTuber agency in the world and part of Japanese company COVER Corp. The five VTubers appearing at Anime NYC have a combined reach of over 1,700,000 subscribers from around the world.
- The VTuber phenomenon, originating in Japan, features live online entertainers who play games, sing, and generally interact with their audiences through anime-styled avatars generated in real time during their performances. There are currently over 10,000 VTubers around the globe, generating over 1.5 billion views each month on YouTube.
- VTubers made their first big splash in the US when COVER Corp. debuted “hololive English” in 2020 with five VTubers dedicated to English-speaking audiences. In August 2021, COVER Corp. debuted “hololive English -Council-” its second group of English-speaking VTubers - all of whom will be making a live appearance at Anime NYC. The event’s guest lineup are Tsukumo Sana, Ceres Fauna, Ouro Kronii, Nanashi Mumei, and Hakos Baelz.
- The VTubers of hololive English -Council- will all appear on Anime NYC’s Main Stage on Friday, Nov 19 at 2:30 PM EST for a live panel where they’ll interact with audience members, answer questions, and introduce themselves to fans in New York for the first time live. In addition to this panel, COVER Corp. will present a hololive English booth all three days of Anime NYC where fans can further experience their favorite VTubers in real life. A limited number of exclusive hololive English x Anime NYC collaboration goods will be available from Anime NYC’s official merchandise shop.
- Guest panels and expo floor activities are accessible by Anime NYC badge holders. Single and Three-Day badges are available now at www.animenyc.com starting at $45. There, you can also learn all about the premieres, special events, fan meet-ups, meet and greets, and more taking place over this epic three day gathering.
“We’re honored to welcome COVER Corp. and hololive English to Anime NYC for their New York City debut. Over the past year, VTubers have become a legitimate cultural phenomenon in the anime, gaming, and online worlds, and we’re overjoyed to now bring fans and VTubers themselves together in a new way that bridges hololive English into the real world.”
Anime NYC Show Director Peter Tatara
About Anime NYC Powered By Crunchyroll
Anime NYC powered by Crunchyroll is New York City’s anime convention! A showcase of the best of Japanese pop culture in the biggest city in America, Anime NYC brings anime fans and publishers together for three days of unique exhibits, exclusive screenings, extensive panels, and appearances by some of the biggest creators in Japan. The next event takes place November 19-21, 2021 in New York’s Javits Center, and we invite you to join over 50,000 fans for a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, cosplay, movies, food, fashion, travel, technology, toys, and games in the heart of NYC! For more, visit animenyc.com.
About hololive production
‘hololive production’ is a VTuber agency which consists of talent groups such as ‘hololive’ (female VTuber group), ‘Holostars’ (male VTuber group), and music label ‘INNK MUSIC (INoNaKa MUSIC)’, who are performing live streams and uploading videos on platforms such as YouTube. ‘hololive production’ specializes in utilization of complex 2D and 3D character model designs in commentaries and live streams.
About hololive English
‘hololive English’ is a female VTuber group who are performing live streams and uploading videos that are aimed towards the English-speaking viewer base.
About COVER Corp.
COVER Corp. is a start-up company in the content creation and technology industry. Its vision is to utilize its VR/AR technology to create a new culture of virtual talents who can be widely accepted in the global market.
Source: Official Press Release