What You Need to Know:
- VIZ Media delivers kinetic action and adventure to anime fans with the home media release today of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1.
- The new release presents the entire 26-episode opening season of the series inspired by the groundbreaking manga created by Hirohiko Araki (also published by VIZ Media; rated ‘T+ for Older Teens). JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 encompasses the complete Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency story arcs. Season 1 is available to audiences as a Limited Edition Blu-ray Set and carries an MSRP of $69.99 U.S. / $81.99 CAN.
- Online anime retailer The Right Stuf is offering the set along with a “Word Effects” print, deep-purple cotton bandana as a special gift with purchase. Available while supplies last.
- The opening season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is set in late 19th century England, where rivals and surrogate brothers Jonathan Joestar and Dio Brando discover a mysterious stone mask. The mask is an artifact of an ancient Central American culture and is capable of granting its wearer eternal life, but only at a heavy price. As the dark powers of the Stone Mask are unleashed, the brothers’ actions will define legacies that span generations.
- Blu-ray episodes are presented in full 1080p HD, 16x9 video and stereo audio featuring English and Japanese dialogue options. All-new English subtitles have been created for the release. Notable bonus content for the Limited Edition Blu-ray includes a 168-page booklet featuring episode summaries, Director commentary, storyboard art and more, a digital character art gallery and collectible art cards based on art from the original Japanese Blu-ray releases. The set comes in a fashionable hinged chipboard collector’s box resplendent with foil highlights.
Ooh nice! Can't wait to see the new subtitles!
The limited edition merch sound good, too! The box is super cool!