What You Need to Know:
- VIZ Media is thrilled to expand its shoujo manga catalog with the acquisition of KAKURIYO: BED & BREAKFAST FOR SPIRITS.
- The supernatural romantic comedy will launch this Fall in print and digital editions under VIZ Media’s Shojo Beat imprint. The series is rated ‘T’ for Teens and features story and artwork by creator Wako Ioka, with character designs by Laruha. KAKURIYO: BED & BREAKFAST FOR SPIRITS is based on several light novels by author Midori Yuma and has also been adapted into an anime series. The new publishing acquisition was detailed during VIZ Media’s official panel held this past weekend during Anime Central 2018 in Chicago.
- In KAKURIYO: BED & BREAKFAST FOR SPIRITS, Aoi Tsubasa inherited her grandfather’s ability to see spirits – and his massive debt to them! Now she’s been kidnapped and taken to Kakuriyo, the spirit world, to make good on his bill. Her options: marry the head of the inn her grandfather trashed or get eaten by the supernatural creatures who work there. But Aoi isn’t the type to let spirits push her around, and she’s determined to redeem her grandfather’s IOU on her own terms!
- VIZ Media also announced home media rights for the ACCEL WORLD: INFINITE BURST movie during its official panel event held this past weekend at Anime Central 2018. The film is a sequel to the 2012 ACCEL WORLD animated series, which are based on the light novels of the same title written by Reki Kawahara. ACCEL WORLD: INFINITE BURST will be released this Fall on Blu-ray and DVD, with special extras including the two OVAs “Reverberation” and “Vacation.”
- In addition to the feature film, ACCEL WORLD has thrilled audiences and anime fans as a popular 24-episode series (distributed in North America by VIZ Media) that was produced by the famed studio Sunrise. Author Reki Kawahara entered his first ACCEL WORLD novel into ASCII Media Works' 15th Dengeki Novel Prize in 2008 and won the Grand Prize. VIZ Media is the North American master licensor and retains the home media and digital streaming rights for the ACCEL WORLD anime series.
Source: Official Press Release
Two big news reports in one package, nice!
VIZ Media to save the day for all of us otaku!