What You Need to Know:
- Voice actor Toshihiko Seki (58) was infected by the new coronavirus on the 4th. This was announced through his agency, 81 Produce. Currently, his condition is stable but he has been hospitalized.
- Seki announced that he had a fever on the night of July 31st so he got tested after visiting the hospital on August 1st and was found to be positive yesterday.
- 81 Produce stated they are using contact tracing to figure out where Seki contracted the virus but so far, they are not sure.
- Seki's agency said they are following government guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone involved, including other cast members, staff, and especially their customers.
- Seki's anime roles include Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (multiple characters), Kill la Kill (Senketsu), and Naruto (Iruka) as well as more recent titles like in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Muzan Kibutsuji), Plunderer (Schmerman), and A Certain Magical Index III (Aleister Crowley).
- We wish him a speedy recovery!
I'm glad he's in stable condition!
Get well soon, Seki-san!!