Iconic Characters and Legendary Universes Collide in Brand-New Free-to-Play Platform Fighter Introducing Cooperative 2 vs. 2 Team-Based Format
What You Need to Know:
- Warner Bros. Games today announced MultiVersus, an all-new free-to-play, platform fighter videogame that introduces a team-based 2 vs. 2 format combined with an ever-expanding cast of iconic characters and legendary universes. Developed by Player First Games, MultiVersus is scheduled for worldwide release in 2022 on PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and PlayStation®4 consoles, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC with full cross-play support, dedicated server-based rollback netcode and content-filled seasons. Pre-registration for upcoming playtests is available now at MultiVersus.com.
- MultiVersus will showcase a variety of beloved heroes and personalities to team up with or compete against in epic battles, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn (DC Super Heroes & DC Super-Villains); Shaggy (Scooby-Doo); Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes); Arya Stark (Game of Thrones); Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry); Jake the Dog and Finn the Human (Adventure Time); Steven Universe and Garnet (Steven Universe); an extraordinary original creature named Reindog; and many more to come.
- Featuring matches with a strong emphasis on online cooperative gameplay, every fighter will be outfitted with a deep set of combat mechanics that distinguish the game’s fresh take on 2 vs. 2 gameplay. This allows combatants to boast customizable movesets that combine dynamically with other characters as they battle for supremacy. From Wonder Woman and her Lasso of Truth attack being unexpectedly paired with Shaggy and his sandwich projectile, to Arya Stark’s face-swapping ability being used to complement Superman’s laser vision, the impossible can become possible through surprising team combinations and matchups. The game’s fun filled multiplayer bouts can be set against the backdrop of various reimagined environments from awe-inspiring worlds, such as Batman’s Batcave, Jake and Finn’s Tree Fort and many others. MultiVersus will also include intense 1 vs. 1 clashes and a 4-player free-for-all mode where only one fighter can come out on top.
- Additionally, MultiVersus will feature an all-star cast of talent lending their voices to the game, including Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham series) as Batman, George Newbern (Justice League vs. the Fatal Five, Injustice 2) as Superman, Abby Trott (Carmen Sandiego) as Wonder Woman, Tara Strong (Batman Ninja, Batman: Arkham series) as Harley Quinn, Matthew Lillard (Scooby-Doo) as Shaggy, Eric Bauza (Looney Tunes Cartoons) as Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry, Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones) as Arya Stark, John DiMaggio (Adventure Time) as Jake the Dog, Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) as Finn the Human, Daniel DiVenere (Spirit Riding Free) as Steven Universe, Estelle (Steven Universe) as Garnet and Andrew Frankel (Jellystone) as Reindog.
- For additional information about MultiVersus, visit MultiVersus.com or join the community conversation on Twitter (@MultiVersus), YouTube (MultiVersus), Instagram (MultiVersusGame), Facebook (MultiVersus) and Discord (MultiVersus).
MultiVersus – Official First Look Reveal
“With MultiVersus we are creating a distinct competitive game that allows us to combine a deep roster of celebrated WarnerMedia franchises for gamers to enjoy. We are partnering with the talented team at Player First Games to bring together a free-to-play, online platform fighter with a wealth of iconic characters that fans know and love, from Wonder Woman and Bugs Bunny to Shaggy and Arya from Game of Thrones. And this is just the beginning, as we are excited to support upcoming seasons and ongoing game content.”
David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Games.
“MultiVersus is a dream project for our team at Player First Games, and we’re excited to officially reveal the game. We’ve built MultiVersus from the ground up to be a cooperative, social game that embraces teamwork and strategy. We’re also focused on providing first class online gameplay through dedicated server-based rollback netcode so that friends and rivals can enjoy a seamless competitive experience as they duke it out with our diverse roster of characters.”
Tony Huynh, Co-Founder & Game Director, Player First Games.
About Warner Bros. Games
Warner Bros. Games is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. Additional information about Warner Bros. Games can be found at www.warnerbrosgames.com.
About Player First Games
Player First Games is a new independent game studio located in Los Angeles, CA. Started by veteran developers from across the industry, the team is focused on creating games and serving passionate communities of gamers with a player first mindset. Additional information about Player First Games can be found at www.playerfirstgames.com.