Lead Song From New Mini-Album What's "Standard"!? Written by Unison Square Garden's Tabuchi Tomoya
What You Need to Know:
- Japanese pop idol group Wasuta (The World Standard)—who have performed theme songs for anime including Kiratto Pri☆chan, Idol Time PriPara, Heybot!, PriPara Movie: Mi~nna de Kagayake!—has released their new music video "Seidaku awasete itadaku nya" ("Take the good with the bad") – the lead track from the upcoming mini-album What's "standard"!?
- In the anime-rock style song written by UNISON SQUARE GARDEN's Tabuchi Tomoya, Wasuta sings about chasing after desires without holding back.
- With exciting new choreography by Acchan and costumes by Kimura U, the members reveal a more confident aspect of their "cat-like" personas, teasing their long (but "gentle") claws and delivering top-level vocal harmonies and synchronized dance moves.
- Watch the video for Seidaku Awasete Itadaku Nya below!
- What's "standard"!? will contain 5 new tracks and will be available worldwide on November 25.
It's not exactly what you would call greed
It's more like a craving
The thing that you want in the moment
To try as much as you can!
"I'm so excited we can share this new song with our fans! We've packed each song on this new mini-album with such care, and I think it really shows who we've become after 5 years together. There are even more exciting things coming from Wasuta, so please look forward to it!"
Nanase Hirokawa, Wasuta Leader
Source: Official Press Release
Wasuta – What's "standard"!? Mini Album
1. Seidaku awasete itadaku nya
2. Moe tteka emo
4. Never Ending the World
5. Hello to the world
6. Seidaku awasete itadaku nya (instrumental)
7. Moe tteka emo (instrumental)
8. TOXICATS (instrumental)
9. Never Ending the World (instrumental)
10. Hello to the world (instrumental)
Blu-ray Special Edition
1. Seidaku awasete itadaku nya (MV)
Wasuta Official Website: http://wa-suta.world/
YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/Wasuta_YouTube
The World Standard a.k.a “Wasuta” was formed in March 2015 with the mission of introducing “kawaii” Japanese idol culture worldwide via social media and live showcases.
The five members of Wasuta are:
Hazuki (Pastel Yellow)
Nanase (Pastel Green, leader)
Miri (Pastel Purple)
Ririka (Pastel Blue)
Ruka (Pastel Pink)
Since their debut in 2015, Wasuta has performed across Japan and appeared at worldwide music events in Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. The group released their Wasuta BEST album in 2020.
Wasuta has performed theme songs for several anime series, including Kiratto Pri☆chan, Idol Time PriPara, Heybot!, PriPara Movie: Mi~nna de Kagayake! Kirarin☆Star Live!, and the official dance song for The Powerpuff Girls animated series in Japan.
Wasuta’s high-energy, kawaii style has led to collaborations with several top brands in Japan, including Sanrio Puroland, Tokyo Game Show, Hokkaido Resort Liner, Big Echo karaoke, POSME Idol Ambassadors (Shiseido cosmetics), RAGE E-Sports Tournament, The Alley (boba tea), and fashion brands Jamie Ank and 17kg.
Wasuta has released two official photobooks Wasuta – Wonderful Collection (2019) and 1/5 (2020). The group has also hosted popular radio shows "World Standard Nippon" (FM 93) and "Wasuta no World Standard Radio" (MBS).
In summer 2018, Wasuta collaborated with Adexe & Nau on a Japanese/Spanish remix of the single "Yo Quiero Vivir", which has scored over 3.7 million views on YouTube.
With over 700,000 followers on social media, the members of Wasuta are currently studying foreign languages to communicate directly with their worldwide fans: Hazuki (Spanish), Nanase (English), Miri (Chinese), Ririka (English), Ruka (English).