Second of Four Features from GKIDS and Fathom Events Partnership to Bring Acclaimed Animated Features Back to U.S. Movie Theaters Throughout 2021
What You Need to Know:
- Tickets are on sale now for WEATHERING WITH YOU, the critically acclaimed feature from director Makoto Shinkai and producer Genki Kawamura, creators of the global smash hit Your Name. Featuring music from the hit band RADWIMPS, and backed by an all-star voice cast including Lee Pace (Guardians of the Galaxy, The Hobbit Trilogy), Alison Brie (“GLOW”, The Lego Movie franchise), and Riz Ahmed (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Venom), Shinkai has once again brought incredible beauty and a powerful story to the screen.
- In addition to the full feature, audiences will view a special introduction and interview with director Makoto Shinkai. The film will be shown in both original Japanese and English dubbed versions, with select screenings available in 4DX, the immersive multi-sensory cinematic experience.
- Tickets for Weathering With You and other events can be purchased online by visiting gkids.com/events, www.FathomEvents.com, or at participating box offices (theater participants are subject to change). Please contact your local theater for individual safety precautions.
- SYNOPSIS: The summer of his high school freshman year, Hodaka runs away from his remote island home to Tokyo, and quickly finds himself pushed to his financial and personal limits. The weather is unusually gloomy and rainy every day, as if to suggest his future. He lives his days in isolation, but finally finds work as a writer for a mysterious occult magazine. Then one day, Hodaka meets Hina on a busy street corner. This bright and strong-willed girl possesses a strange and wonderful ability: the power to stop the rain and clear the sky…
WEATHERING WITH YOU – EVENT DATES & TICKETS
· Sunday, July 25, 3:00 local time (English Dub and 4DX)
· Tuesday, July 27, 7:00 local time (Japanese with Subtitles)
Source: Official Press Release
GKIDS is the producer and distributor of award-winning feature animation for both adult and family audiences. Since 2010, the company has scored an astounding 12 Best Animated Feature Oscar nominations with The Secret of Kells in 2010, A Cat in Paris and Chico & Rita in 2012, Ernest & Celestine in 2014, The Tale of The Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea in 2015, Boy and the World and When Marnie Was There in 2016, My Life as a Zucchini in 2017, The Breadwinner in 2018, Mirai in 2019, and Wolfwalkers in 2021. GKIDS handles North American distribution for the famed Studio Ghibli library of films, one of the world’s most coveted animation collections with titles Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke and others; as well as the critically acclaimed television series, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also, GKIDS is the founder and host of ANIMATION IS FILM, the annual LA-based film festival which embraces the highest aspirations of animation as a cinematic art form, and is a vocal advocate for filmmakers who push the boundaries of the medium to its fullest range of artistic expressions. www.gkids.com
About Fathom Events
Fathom is a recognized leader in the entertainment industry as one of the top distributors of content to movie theaters in North America. Owned by AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC); Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK); and Regal Cinemas, a subsidiary of the Cineworld Group (LSE: CINE.L)., Fathom operates the largest cinema distribution network, delivering a wide variety of programming and experiences to cinema audiences in all of the top U.S. markets and to more than 45 countries. For more information, visit www.FathomEvents.com