What You Need to Know:
- Singer / Voice Actress Yui Makino has announced that she will be releasing a new mini album titled “Anata to Watashi wo Tsunagu Mono” (What Connects You and Me) on October 5.
- This mini album will contain seven songs, including “Espero” and “Undine -2021 edizione-”, the opening and ending theme songs of ARIA series final ARIA The BENEDIZIONE, as well as Touch of Hope, the theme song of the feature-length animation The Girl from the Other Side, which has been well-received at film festivals in Japan and abroad.
- The four new songs written for this album are gems created in collaboration with Akino Arai, Shunji Iwai, Katsutoshi Kitagawa, Yu Sakai, Shunsuke Takizawa (TRYTONELABO), Keiichi Tomita (Tomita Lab), Konomi Fujimura, Hisaaki Hogari, Yukinojo Mori, and Tansa. The warm ballad composed by Makino herself is also noteworthy.
- This mini album will be released in three formats: Limited Edition A with a Blu-ray disc, Limited Edition B with a photobook, and a regular edition. More details about the contents will be announced at a later date, so please look forward to it.
Mini Album “Anata to Watashi wo Tsunagu Mono”
Release date: October 5, 2022
Limited Edition A (with Blu-ray) / VTZL-215 / ¥4,400 (inc. tax)
Limited Edition B (with photobook) / VTZL-216 / ¥3,740 (inc. tax)
Regular Edition / VTCL-60565 / ¥2,750 (inc. tax)
Tracks (random order)
1. Sekai de Ichiban Itoshii Oto (new song)
Lyrics: Shunji Iwai, Composition: Yui Makino, Arrangement: Shunsuke Takizawa (TRYTONELABO)
2. Espero (opening theme of ARIA The BENEDIZIONE)
Lyrics: Yuki Matsuura, Composition/Arrangement: Mina Kubota
3. Undine -2021 edizione- (ending theme of ARIA The BENEDIZIONE)
Lyrics: Eri Kawai, Composition/Arrangement: Mina Kubota
4. Touch of Hope (theme song of The Girl from the Other Side)
Lyrics: Yuho Iwasato, Composition/Arrangement: Hinako Tsubakiyama
5. Untitled (new song)
Lyrics: Yukinojo Mori, Composition: Yu Sakai, Arrangement: Keiichi Tomita (Tomita Lab)
6. Tale of Blue (new song)
Lyrics/Composition: Akino Arai, Arrangement: Hisaaki Hogari
7. Shiawase no Melody (new song)
Lyrics: Katsutoshi Kitagawa, Konomi Fujimura, Composition/Arrangement: Katsutoshi Kitagawa, Strings Arrangement: Tansa
Available on streaming services and major download sites such as the iTunes Store, RecoChoku, and mora from October 5.
Streaming services: Apple Music, LINE MUSIC, Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, AWA, KKBOX, Rakuten Music, TOWER RECORDS MUSIC, ANiUTa
Yui Makino Profile
■ Date of Birth: January 19, 1986
■ Blood type: O
■ Place of Birth: Mie Prefecture
She began her performing career as a child actress at the age of three. She began playing the piano at the age of four and graduated from the piano department of the Tokyo College of Music High School and then the Tokyo College of Music itself. At the age of eight, she met Shunji Iwai and performed the piano accompaniment for Love Letter. After that, she also performed the accompaniment for All About Lily Chou-Chou and Hana and Alice.
After working as a child actress, she made her voice acting debut in April 2005 as Sakura, the heroine of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, an anime based on an original story by CLAMP. At the same time, she made her pre-debut singing “Omna Magni,” the ending theme for Genesis of Aquarion produced by Yoko Kanno. In August of the same year, she released “Amrita,” the theme song of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle the Movie: The Princess in the Birdcage Kingdom, and her singing career began in earnest.
Since then, she has voiced many anime characters and worked on many anime tie-up songs, demonstrating her diverse talents as a voice actress, singer, and pianist.
Source: Official Press Release