What You Need to Know:
- Yusuke Murata (artists for One Punch Man) was invited to Atsu and Kousei's poor Manga Dojo to draw a Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba collaboration piece with Atsu, Kousei, and 11 manga students.
- One of the channel owners, Atsu, is a senpai of Yusuke Murata from their yunger days so they invited Murata-sensei as a guest for this video in March 2020 where the manga artists walked down memory lane and reconnected. They all got very lively in the video (it's subtitled! check it out!) and fans requested that they please show their drawings in the comments. After that, they decided to do a special Demon Slayer collaboration event through Zoom since the pandemic still has people stuck at home.
- Each artists was assigned to draw one character with Murata-sensei drawing Tanjirou. After they completed drawing their characters, they merged all their work and completed the piece!
- The other drawers are not professional artists, though, they are manga students! They were all thrilled and couldn't believe they got the chance to draw with such a pro. Many of them tweeting things like "It was such a dream come true to collaborate with Yuusuke Murata sensei..." and "I never thought this day would come..."
- Check out the whole process in the video!
Wow! They all got to draw with Murata-sensei!
You can see each artist's style in each character! So cool!