Atelier Lulua - Combat Highlight
What You Need to Know:
- Earlier today, KOEI TECMO America unveiled key new battle features for GUST studio’s latest entry to the heart-warming Atelier series, Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland. Set to release on May 21, 2019 for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam; the game will have players follow the young Lulua on a journey across the lands of Arland to decrypt a mysterious codex known as the Alchemy Riddle.
- Alchemists exploring Arland for raw materials should always be prepared for battle -- these beautiful lands are not only home to important resources but dangerous creatures waiting to attack. Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland features a turn-based battle system where players can form a party consisting of five members: three attackers and two taking a supportive role. Support members automatically perform Assist Attacks to compliment the attacker's actions, and aiming to trigger these regularly will ensure that maximum damage is dealt to enemies.
- Attackers have an arsenal of unique skills they can use to strike enemy weaknesses. For example, the talented Eva can use the Range Shift skill; expanding her area of attack for a few rounds. These abilities can also aid in the decryption of the Alchemy Riddle, helping players unlock new synthesis recipes and further skills. Depending on the formation of attackers at the start of an encounter, a special dormant ability known as a Primal Art can also be awakened. These arts automatically activate to offer the party support through their battle in the form of increasing Item Damage, or even increasing Attack Damage, for the entirety of the fight.
- In addition to the new gameplay details, KOEI TECMO America also revealed early purchase DLC bonuses and a Limited Edition version of Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland. All aspiring alchemists who purchase the game either digitally or physically within the first month of launch will receive the “Innocent Fairy” and “Fish Girl” costumes for Lulua via DLC. This special DLC will not be for sale in the future. A Limited Edition version of the game will also be exclusively available through the NISA Online Store.
- This enchanting Limited Edition is packed with must-have content for Atelier series fans, including a physical version of the game, a hardcover art book, the Sound Archives official soundtrack, keychains of Lulua & Rorona, and a deluxe cloth poster – all packaged together in a delightful collector’s box featuring artwork of the young aspiring alchemist, Lulua.
Source: Official Press Release
I hope that they fixed a lot of the issues from the previous Atelier and make this one truly a memorable one.
Let's wish for the best bee-kun!