What You Need to Know:
- Monster Hunter legendary apex predators Nargacuga and Rathalos will hit U.S. shores this fall from S.H. MonsterArts with today’s announcement from BANDAI NAMCO Group company BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles LLC (Bluefin), the leading distributor of Japanese toys, collectibles, novelty and hobby products in North America.
- These two action figures are the result of a new partnership between BANDAI’s Tamashii Nations and CAPCOM, announced earlier this year, to bring characters from the Monster Hunter game franchise into the S.H. MonsterArts action figure series. Both the Nargacuga and Rathalos action figures will be released in the U.S. later this year, in October and November respectively, and are available now for pre-order from online retailers Amazon, Big Bad Toy Store, Sure Thing Toys and Eknight Media and your local retailer.
- As its name implies, the Monster Hunter franchise is dominated by monsters and of these, the large winged Flying Wyverns make-up a majority of the monsters in the series. The first character in the S.H. MonsterArts x Monster Hunter figure series and scheduled for release this October is the four-legged Nargacuga covered in jet black fur and known for its agility and explosive bursts of speed.
- Nargacuga made his franchise debut in 2008’s “Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.” Following a month later with a November release is the second character in the S.H. MonsterArts x Monster Hunter figure series Rathalos. Rathalos has achieved Monster Hunter icon status – having appeared in every game and spin-off of the franchise. Nicknamed the “King of the Skies,” Rathalos is known for his expansive wings, venomous claws and fiery breath. Nargacuga and Rathalos are both first generation Flying Wyverns and very recognizable to fans of the franchise.
- S.H. MonsterArts is renowned for the character accuracy, fine detail and pose-ability of its monster action figures. The S.H. MonsterArts x Monster Hunter figure series not only stays true to this reputation but also achieves two “firsts” for S.H. MonsterArts – as the first non-movie monsters and the first quadruped action figure. To faithfully and accurately transform Nargacuga and Rathalos from 2D characters into S.H. MonsterArts action figures, Tamashii Nations worked closely with Monster Hunter game series art director Kaname Fujioka from concept to completion.
- The end result is incredibly detailed and moveable figures that can be transformed and posed by fans to bring both Nargacuga and Rathalos to life in recreated moments from the game series.
Source: Official Press Release
MSRP: $80 USD
U.S. Release: October 2020
Rathalos “King of the Skies”
MSRP: $128 USD
U.S. Release: November 2020
Both of these models have impeccable details!
I prefer Rathalos just because I love dragons! It looks so amazing!