What You Need to Know:
- Kousuke Oono’s The Way of the Househusband has been adapted into a live-action dramaand it's set to begin this October 11th in Japan.
- The official account for the series released a new promo video featuring main character Tatsu (played by Hiroshi Tamaki), his wife Miku (Haruna Kawaguchi), and Tatsu’s yakuza underling Masa (Jun Shison). All of these actors have previously worked onlive-action adaptations of anime!
- Story: It’s a day in the life of your average househusband – if your average househusband is the legendary yakuza the “Immortal Dragon”! Yes, this former yakuza legend has left it all behind to become your everyday househusband. But it’s not easy to walk away from the gangster life, and what should be mundane household tasks are anything but!
- The series, titled "Gokushufudou" in Japanese, released in Japan in February 2018 and made its way to the English-speaking market in 2019 through Viz Media who has already released the 4th volume this month.
- If you want to learn more, or get a feel for the manga, check out our review!
Yes!!! Oh, this is going to be so good!
Still crossing my fingers for an anime!!