Broadcast schedule information is unveiled as fans around the globe can now register free-of-charge for the E3 2021 portal and app, which includes virtual “booths,” forums, events, profile creation, gamification and more!
E3 2021 to Include Talent Appearances as Well as Panel Series ‘Voices of E3’
What You Need to Know:
- As E3 2021 gets ready to kick off on Saturday, June 12, the official schedule has been revealed. In addition, fans can now register to be a part of the global four-day virtual event that will feature digital presentations from major industry publishers such as Nintendo and Microsoft, panel discussions, celebrity appearances, exciting reveals and more. Fans can register at the E3 website to gain access to the E3 2021 online portal and app, a key hub for the duration of the show.
- Details around the schedule are available below, noting that some things may change leading up to the first day of the broadcast.
- Hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller, the E3 2021 broadcast will feature major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams, special celebrity guest appearances and more.
- Saturday, June 12, broadcast pre-show starts at 10am PT / 1pm ET
- Sunday, June 13, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:45am PT / 11:45am ET
- Monday, June 14, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
- Tuesday, June 15, broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
- Registration begins today for fans around the globe to access the E3 online portal and app. Beginning on Saturday, June 12, the portal will provide access to:
- The online E3 2021 portal and app will also feature the E3 live broadcast, with interactive overlays that include viewer polls, featured tweets, and more.
- Media, creators, industry professionals and fans are encouraged to visit the E3 2021 website for the most up-to-date information on exhibitors, schedules and more. In addition, there are detailed FAQs for media, industry and fans.
- As part of the all-virtual E3 2021, noteworthy personalities in and outside of the video game industry will participate in the E3 experience, whether it’s within segments throughout the show, as part of the panel series “Voices of E3,” or within clips shared on E3’s social media channels.
- Outside of a handful of surprises to be revealed during the broadcast, fans can expect to see T-Pain, talent from 100 Thieves and Team Liquid, Erika Ishii (Apex Legends, Destiny 2, World of Warcraft), Arin Hanson (Game Grumps), Arif “Azerrz” Zahir (Family Guy), JD Witherspoon (Lazor Wulf), Ariel "Powerzsurge" Powers (WNBA) and many more.
- In addition to guest appearances, E3 will also present a panel series titled “Voices of E3,” which will cover a broad range of topics including diversity, accessibility, video game development, video game voice acting, the evolution of video game media, the impact of current events on games, and much more. Highlights include:
- A roundtable discussing how games media acts and reacts in the current sphere of commentary with Editors-in-Chief from GamesIndustry.biz, GameSpot, IGN, PC Gamer and Polygon.
- Nerdist’s Dan Casey hosts a session with the cast of the gaming-development focused TV series Mythic Quest.
- A conversation with legendary women of video game voice acting including Courtenay Taylor (Mass Effect, Fallout 4, Call of Duty), Anjali Bhimani (Overwatch, Apex Legends, Fallout 4: Nuka World), Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Overwatch), Carolina Ravassa (Overwatch, Valorant, GTA5) and Krizia Bajos (Sims4, League of Legends, Casagrandes).
- Insights from streaming leaders including Zack "ZackTTG" Mowery (100 Thieves), Fiona Nova (G4, RoosterTeeth), Jay-Ann Lopez (Black Girl Gamers) and Tanya DePass (I Need Diverse Games) about representation in games and empowering black voices.
- A discussion about young entrepreneurs in gaming that includes Nicole LaPointe Jameson (Evil Geniuses), Taylor Heitzig-Rhodes (Queens Gaming Collective), Katrina Salazar (weThink) and Brittani Johnson (G2 esports), moderated by Mary Margaret (Entertainment Weekly).
- In addition, E3 has partnered with a handful of well-known streamers to co-stream the event across their channels. This includes Lirik, AnneMunition, CohhCarnage, Jordan Fisher, NoahJ, OMGitsFireFoxx, Queens.gg, ihasCupquake, GameRanx, Renee, AyChristene and Fextralife, among others.
○ E3 2021 will kick off with press conferences from Ubisoft and Gearbox Entertainment, as well as a session with GamesBeat.
○ Microsoft’s long-awaited Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will take place starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET.
○ Fans can also look forward to special presentations from SQUARE ENIX, the PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show.
○ Warner Bros. Games & Back4Blood and 24 Entertainment will also be featured.
○ Alongside press conferences from several indie developers, presentations from Take-Two Interactive, Mythical Games, Freedom Games, Razer and Capcom will take place throughout the day.
○ Verizon and Intellivision will also be featured, along with a session with VENN.
○ The last day of E3 will include Nintendo’s Nintendo Direct and Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming starting at 9am PT / 12pm ET.
○ BANDAI NAMCO, Yooreka Games and GameSpot will also have focused events.
○ The broadcast will round out with the Official E3 2021 Awards Show.
● Select Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game or product information tied to participating exhibitors (the full list of exhibitors with virtual booths can be found on the E3 website)
● Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
● Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
● Leaderboards – Gamified elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
● Profile Creation – All attendees can create and customize their own unique profiles
E3 2021 Talent Appearances and Panel Series ‘Voices of E3’
Where to watch
In addition to the E3 broadcast being included in the official E3 2021 portal and app, the primary hubs to watch the broadcast include:
Source: Official Press Release
E3 is the world’s premier event for computer and video games and related products. The show is owned and operated by the ESA, the US trade association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of the companies developing and publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the internet. For more information, visit www.e3expo.com or follow E3 on Facebook @E3Expo or Twitter @E3.
About the ESA
The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) serves as the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture and the economy. For more information, visit the ESA’s website or follow the ESA on Twitter @theESA.