What You Need to Know:
- Now in its 4th week after being released, the movie Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0: Thrice Upon A Time has raised a total of 6.8 billion yen and sold 4.5 million tickets since its debut at the Japanese box office.
- In its third weekend, the film Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0: Thrice Upon A Time became the highest grossing film in the franchise, beating the previous record holder, Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, which earned a total of 5.3 billion yen.
- A promo video featuring Shinji Ikari has also been released.
- Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon a Time was originally supposed to open in Japanese theaters on June 27, 2020, but had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The first three films Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone , Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance, and Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, were released in 2007, 2009, and 2012 respectively.
- Evangelion takes place in post-apocalyptic Japan and tells the story of Shinji Ikari, an introverted kid who is suddenly plucked from his quiet life and forced to pilot a giant mecha to fight monsters called Angels that are attacking Earth.
Source: Cinema Today
Nice going, Evangelion!
Can't wait to see it in the rest of the world!