“BlackKrystel - Waifu (Marco B. Remix)” released today, March 19th, through Sony Music Entertainment’s “Lost Rings”.
What You Need to Know:
- Anime inspired electronic sensation Marco B. drops his latest brilliant remix, of BlackKrystel’s ‘Waifu’. Released via Sony’s new imprint “Lost Rings”, a new label branch devoted to gaming music, it is available everywhere March 19th.
- The track enters in with dreamy synths and a strong lead vocal. Marco’s production is slick and memorable, with strong bass hits and floating counter-melodies, highlighting the catchy source material. Speaking on the track, he explains, “this is the second remix I've done like this on a mainstream level and it's amazing to be able to create music for nerds from the nerd perspective!”
- Releasing via Sony Music’s new imprint “Lost Rings”, Marco is at the forefront of a growing genre specifically for gamers and those into nerd culture. As a self-confessed “weeb”, he conveys his love of Japanese culture through his music, managing to create a cool and stylish track that would sit at home in dance charts, while retaining the soul and heart of the culture that all his fans connect to.
- Marco B. himself is an Atlanta native with a firm belief in self-expression and loving one’s self. As a successful remix DJ he’s received much online coverage, most notably with anime streaming giant Crunchyroll who featured him in a documentary about nerd culture and its space in the music industry. (Video below).
- Now with the release of his music through one of the biggest labels in the world, Marco B. looks to be entering an exciting new chapter in his musical journey, one that will shoot him into the stratosphere in 2021.
- Now to teh good stuff... Check out the track on Soundcloud and follow BlackKrystel for more of his otaku grooves!
Source: Official Press Release
I am loving this track!
Can I be your waifuuuu!