DEMON SLAYER and COWBOY BEBOP voice actors join cast of new series set to air on Tokyo MX, available globally
What You Need to Know:
- Originally created by Osaka-based artist Mori Chack, GLOOMY BEAR first debuted as a character in 2000. The appeal of GLOOMY and PITY’s unusual relationship – full of cuteness, violence, and surprising emotional depth – led to a wave of GLOOMY merchandise and high-profile collaborations in Japan. Eventually, GLOOMY would win devoted fans all over the world as well.
- The new TV anime series Gloomy the Naughty Grizzly is set to begin broadcasting every Monday at 12:57am starting on April 12 on the Tokyo MX station. Episodes of Gloomy the Naughty Grizzly will also be shared globally via Gloomy's SNS, including YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Veteran actor Koichi Yamadera (the voice of Spike Spiegel in the Cowboy Bebop anime) has been cast in the lead role of GLOOMY, while Natsuki Hanae (the voice of Tanjiro Kamado in the smash-hit anime series Demon Slayer) has been cast as GLOOMY’s young owner PITY.
- A special episode, featuring a chat between GLOOMY BEAR creator Mori Chack and voice actors Koichi Yamadera and Natsuki Hanae will air one week earlier on April 4th.
- There is also an additional promotional clip focusing on GLOOMYs creator Mori Chack and the 20-year build-up to the new GLOOMY BEAR anime series you can check out before the premiere!
Gloomy the Naughty Grizzly
GLOOMY: Koichi Yamadera
PITY: Natsuki Hanae
Series composition / animation director: Mori Chack
Screenplay: Meg Yagi / Manami Morotome
3D CGI Director: Kunihiko Mita / Yumiko Abe
Art director: Hitomi Sato
Cinematography: Takumi Yoshida / Toshikazu Kuno
For more information, please visit:
Source: Official Press Release