Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists - Game Overview
What You Need to Know:
- KOEI TECMO America and GUST Studios revealed the most in-depth details yet surrounding the gameplay of Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World. The 20th Anniversary title is slated for physical and digital release on March 26, 2019 for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and digital-only on Windows PC via Steam, and will feature everything from resource management to town building and world exploration.
- In order to successfully build a new town, Nelke will be tasked with venturing out into Westwald’s surrounding lands to find raw materials; perfect to entrust one of the town’s alchemists to synthesize into sellable goods. In Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World, an adventure party of up to five characters from throughout Atelier’s collection of fan-favorite games will be formed before setting off on an investigation route, with each party member having a role: attack or support.
- During an investigation, players will need to be mindful of the Action Gauge. Running through an area too fast will not only rapidly decrease the gauge, but there is risk of missing items and finishing the exploration with less rewards. The Action Gauge is also used for special field events where investigative teams will search for unique items critical to success, like a shovel.
- Exploration does come with its fair share of danger, though. While venturing out on various investigative routes, players will encounter perilous foes which must be defeated in order to proceed. Utilizing a collection of different skills, players will whittle down the enemy’s HP bar during their time on the Turn Gauge.
- As attack and support skills are used, the Burst Gauge gradually fills – enabling characters to perform a more powerful ability, striking down enemies with a damaging blow, or using the new power to boost defense. In addition, each character will have their own Drive Gauge; a meter that will be filled from both attacks and the use of the Burst Gauge. Utilizing the Drive Gauge is of utmost importance as it enables members of the party to speed up their normal attacks.
- In addition to the gameplay details, KOEI TECMO America also confirmed today that anyone in North America who pre-orders or purchases Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World within the first two weeks will be entitled to the Town Building 5-Item Set. This pack contains the Gust 25th Anniversary Background Music Packs 1 and 2, the Atelier 20th Anniversary Appreciation House, the ‘Mysterious Alchemist’ Statue, and an additional resident ‘Gust-chan’.
Source: Official Press Release
This is the one series where I could play for hours, and never grow tired of it!
That's because the stories are always so cheerful and the characters are loveable!