What You Need to Know:
- It was announced yesterday that the anime adaptation of "Horimiya" will premiere in January 2021 along with a key visual, staff, and the main cast.
- Haruka Tomatsu (Darling in the FranXX) will play Kyoko Hori and Kouki Uchiyama (My Hero Academia) is playing Izumi Miyamura.
- Masashi Ishihama (PERSONA 5 the Animation) is directing the series at CloverWorks, Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD) is script writer and composer, character design is done by Haruko Iizuka (Children of the Whales), and Masaru Yokoyama (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) joins as music composer.
- Story: At first glance, the ultra-popular Hori-san seems like a frivolous high school girl, but in reality, she's plain, pragmatic, and family-oriented. On the other hand, the bespectacled Miyamura-kun comes across as an average, gloomy high school fanboy, but he's actually an attractive young man who has a bad-boy streak and is covered in piercings and tattoos. When these two unexpectedly similar classmates have a random run-in outside of the classroom, a bubbly, sweet tale of school life begins! (Yen Press)
- Stay tuned for more info and don't forget to check out our review of the Horimiya manga if you haven't already!
Source: Official Website
This is one of those romcoms even I can get into!
Yes! It's funny and sweet!