What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that it acquired partial rights to the anime TV series Getter Robo Arc, the hotly anticipated next chapter of the iconic Getter Robo saga, based upon the original work of Ken Ishikawa and legendary mangaka Go Nagai. Sentai will distribute the series in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, and Central and South America.
- The world is on the brink of apocalypse following an onslaught of invaders. To fight the attacking hoard, one of the original Getter Robo pilots, Hayato Jin, has finished Getter Arc, a new fighting unit based on the final work and ultimate masterpiece of Professor Saotome. Now the son of Ryoma – one of Hayato's copilots on the first-generation Getter – Takuma, the half-human half-Saurian Kamui, and Baku, younger brother of the extraordinary ESPer Tahir, step aboard the Getter Arc to combat the ruthless incursion and restore hope to their ravaged world!
- Produced by Bee Media (Night Head Genesis, Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact) and Studio A-CAT (LBX Girls), Getter Robo Arc is directed by Jun Kawagoe (Shin Getter Robo, episode director for Baccano!) with scriptwriting and series composition from Tadashi Hayakawa (MÄR, Doraemon (2005)). The series’ character design is by Hideyuki Motohashi (Hikaru no Go, Fushigi Yugi).
- The cast includes Yuma Uchida (BANANA FISH, Grand Blue Dreaming) as the lead character Takuma Nagare, Naoya Uchida (Vinland Saga, Moriarty the Patriot) as Hayato Jin, and Kazuhiro Sunseki (The Walking Dead (Japanese Dub), Adventure Time (Japanese dub)) as Baku Yamagishi. Newcomer Arimaro Mukaino will make his voice acting debut as Sho Kamui.
- Sentai will stream Getter Robo Arc in association with select digital outlets in Summer 2021 with a home video release to follow.
- For Sentai’s latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like them on Facebook and follow on Twitter.
Source: Official Press Release
A Cool Japan Fund portfolio company, Sentai is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing, and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Sentai offers thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms and is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include MADE IN ABYSS, Food Wars!, Princess Tutu and Parasyte -the maxim-, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Bloom Into You, Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Big O. For more information, visit http://www.sentai.com/.