What You Need to Know:
- Seven Seas Entertainment is delighted to announce a new initiative with webcomic publisher Hiveworks Comics to release trade paperback editions of webcomics in bookstores and other retailers. This exciting team-up will launch with Seven Seas’ license of three full-color Hiveworks graphic novels, to be distributed globally under Seven Seas’ existing agreement with Penguin Random House Publisher Services.
- The new releases include the heartwarming LGBT+ fantasy Life of Melody by Mari Costa, the dark YA magical girl drama Sleepless Domain Vol. 1 by Mary Cagle, and the Greek mythology-inspired steamy romance Persephone: Whom Hades Seized by Allison Shaw.
- About Life of Melody: A human child abandoned in the woods is discovered by an unlikely pair: Razzmatazz, a fairy godfather, and Bon, a beast man. After quarreling over the best way to handle the child, they finally agree to co-parent in the human world--for now, at least. What the two men don’t expect is this little arrangement will push them to discover more about themselves...and more about each other, which might result in love. In this charming LGBT+ romcom, one “temporary” magical family might just become real!
- Seven Seas will publish the graphic novel Life of Melody worldwide in a single large-trim edition with an exclusive new cover. The book will be released in July 2021 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN. The ebook will also be available on digital platforms.
- About Sleepless Domain: A magically isolated city is safe during the day, but overrun with vicious monsters at night, leaving the citizens to turn to their only defenders: Magical Girls, young women empowered with supernatural abilities that allow them to fight these creatures. The combination of the adoring idol culture surrounding these girls, along with the genuine life-or-death struggles they face every night, forces them to grow up under severe pressure. Undine is the water-wielding member of the popular Team Alchemical, normally playing a supporting role to the other four Magical Girls on her team...until a sudden tragedy forces her to learn to fight her own battles. A search for answers will lead her on a path to uncovering deep mysteries of the city--and the world itself.
- Seven Seas will publish the graphic novel Sleepless Domain: Volume 1 worldwide in a single large-trim edition with an exclusive new cover. The book will be released in August 2021 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN. The ebook will also be available on digital platforms.
- About Persephone: Whom Hades Seized: According to the ancient legend, the Lord of the Dead kidnapped the innocent daughter of Demeter--or did he? The truth is, Persephone is no damsel in distress, but a spirited young lady with an overbearing mother. A failed scheme by Apollo leads her to a chance encounter with the mysterious and handsome yet dispassionate Hades, who instantly appeals to her--right as he’s struck by love’s arrow. Now he must wrestle with his aching heart before he loses total control of his feelings, but desire is already roaring inside Persepone herself. (Rated Older Teen for sexual content.)
- Seven Seas will publish the graphic novel Persephone: Whom Hades Seized worldwide in a single large-trim edition with an exclusive new cover. The book will be released in September 2021 for $16.99 USA / $20.99 CAN. The ebook will also be available on digital platforms.
“Hiveworks is a cutting-edge industry leader in webcomics. With the incredible growth of webcomics in the last decade, we’re thrilled to partner with Hiveworks to release their popular webcomics in the bookstore market.”
Seven Seas publisher Jason DeAngelis
“A partnership like this one allows us to distribute comics to print and online audiences at once, helping them discover the vision of independent authors. We’re buzzing to bring such wonderful comics to bookstores,” adds JoJo Stillwell, Owner & CEO.
Isabelle Melançon, Lead Editor & COO of Hiveworks Comics
Source: Official Press Release
About Seven Seas Entertainment
Established in 2004, Seven Seas Entertainment specializes in bringing the best of Japanese manga and light novels to North American audiences, and producing original comics, graphic novels, and youth literature. As of July 2021, Seven Seas and all of its book imprints are distributed by Penguin Random House Publisher Services. For more information, visit sevenseasentertainment.com