Seven Seas announced their manga acquisition of four romance manga series: "Reborn as a Barrier Master", "No Matter What You Say, Furi-san is Scary!", "Seaside Stranger: Harukaze no Étranger", and action seinen "My Lovey-Dovey Wife is a Stone Cold Killer" to be released later this year and early 2022.
What You Need to Know:
- Reborn as a Barrier Master by Kataoka Naotaro, Souichi, and Shizuki Hitomi, an isekai fantasy about becoming a legendary guardian!
- Barrier Masters: wielders of a rare and powerful guardian magic, entrusted with the lives of those under their protection. When his life on Earth ends, Lynos is fortunate to be reborn and to inherit this special gift. What’s less fortunate is that he’s been reborn as a child, and slated for sale as a slave. Narrowly avoiding a dire fate, he is taken as a servant by a prosperous noble family, where he is trained to become the guardian of its reigning members. Step by step, one trial after another, Lynos prepares for a life of adventure as a Barrier Master!
- Seven Seas will publish the series Reborn as a Barrier Master (Manga) for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. The book will be released in October 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- No Matter What You Say, Furi-san is Scary! by Seiichi Kinoue. An ordinary high school boy is terrified of his scary-looking (but secretly sweet!) yankii girl classmate in a romantic comedy of crushes and misunderstandings.
- Furi Youko definitely looks like a delinquent: she’s got a tough-girl image that wouldn’t be out of place in a gang. When Taira Namito finds himself sitting next to her in his high school class, he’s immediately afraid of her. But as it turns out, Furi’s rough-and-tumble exterior hides a wholesome, totally cute person underneath--and she’s got the hots for Taira. (Although that part goes right over his head.) One misunderstanding leads to another in this romantic comedy about a clueless dude and the adorable, slightly terrifying affections of the tough girl by his side!
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series No Matter What You Say, Furi-san is Scary! for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in November 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- Harukaze no Étranger by Kii Kanna, the direct sequel series to the beloved Boys’ Love manga (and film) Seaside Stranger: Umibe no Étranger.
- Shun and Mio connected on their small island near Okinawa, leading to a friendship and eventual romance. But Shun’s quiet home by the seaside started with pain--he left his hometown after his parents disowned him for being gay. That inescapable fact still haunts him, especially now that his father is ill. Shun is ready to go back to Hokkaido to see his parents again, but this time, he has Mio by his side. Mio has complicated feelings about this himself, as he was devastated by the loss of his own parents and now might not be accepted by Shun’s--what will this trip mean for him? Join this developing couple as they face ghosts from their past and work together for a better future in this beautifully illustrated sequel series, now in English for the first time.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Seaside Stranger: Harukaze no Étranger for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. The first volume, Seaside Stranger Vol. 2: Harukaze no Étranger, will be released in February 2022 for $13.99 USA / $17.99 CAN.
- My Lovey-Dovey Wife is a Stone Cold Killer by Donten Kosaka. In this newlywed comedy, a man tries to settle down with his sweet wife...who happens to be a contract killer!
- Meet Setsuna. She’s cute, sexy, and deadly. When she’s not out murdering people as a professional assassin, she’s nesting at home, trying to adjust to a domestic life with her new husband. She skewers ingredients for dinner, draws a knife on unwanted solicitors, and sleeps with one eye open, just in case enemies sneak in. Her lovestruck husband doesn’t ask her a lot of questions about her day job, so this arrangement can work if love conquers all, right? This romantic comedy is dangerously sexy!
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series My Lovey-Dovey Wife is a Stone Cold Killer for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in November 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
Source: Official Press Release
About Seven Seas Entertainment
Established in 2004, Seven Seas Entertainment specializes in bringing the best of Japanese manga and light novels to North American audiences, and producing original comics, graphic novels, and youth literature. As of July 2021, Seven Seas and all of its book imprints are distributed by Penguin Random House Publisher Services. For more information, visit sevenseasentertainment.com