What You Need to Know:
- A love letter to the anime industry, the highly anticipated new film SHIROBAKO The Movie will be released on digital download and on Blu-ray™ + DVD combo pack on October 26, 2021 from Eleven Arts and Shout! Factory. The fan-favorite anime about making anime makes its home entertainment debut following a North American theatrical release this summer.
- Bonus features on the Blu-ray + DVD combo pack release include a teaser and trailer never before seen in North America, and a 4-page booklet with stunning character art.
- SHIROBAKO The Movie is the eagerly awaited sequel to the television anime series of the same name, which has also been adapted as a manga series. SHIROBAKO The Movie’s director Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Prison School) and screenwriter Michiko Yokote (Naruto, Cowboy Bebop) lend their talents to the movie after working on the beloved series.
- Four years after the events of the series, Musashino Animation has gone through drastic changes and things are looking bleak for the studio. One day, Aoi Miyamori is offered a role managing a new theatrical animation project. With only a few months left before the deadline, can MUSANI complete the project in its current state? It’s up to Aoi to work alongside both familiar faces and new to finish the project in time!
- Check out our review of SHIROBAKO The Movie HERE if you haven't already!
Blu-ray + DVD Bonus Features:
- After Release Promotional Video
- Main Trailer
- Rescreening TV Commercial
- 4-page booklet with character art
Source: Official Press Release
About Eleven Arts
Eleven Arts is a Los Angeles-based distribution company known for bringing acclaimed anime films to North America. Eleven Arts’ anime titles most recently include A Silent Voice, Millennium Actress, Penguin Highway, Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms, Laughing Under The Clouds: Gaiden, Liz and the Blue Bird, Penguin Highway, The Wonderland, and Sound! Euphonium: Our Promise A Brand New Day.
About Shout! Factory™
Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production, as well as the preservation and revitalization of the very best in pop-culture entertainment. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, IFC Films, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties as well as anime, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizon Pictures Library, and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.