What You Need to Know:
- Square Enix is excited to confirm that TOMB RAIDER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and FINAL FANTASY XV will all be available on Stadia when the new platform launches this November.
- TOMB RAIDER explores the intense origin story of Lara Croft® and her ascent from an untested young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.
- In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor, and embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition in search of the secret of immortality. She’ll explore a vast and hostile world, engage in guerilla combat, and discover deadly tombs.
- In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must travel to a magnificent environment filled with the largest tombs in franchise history, hidden secrets, and cunning new enemies. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.
- FINAL FANTASY XV is the critically acclaimed roleplaying game (RPG) and the latest entry in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Set in an enthralling world where fantasy meets reality, players will join Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades on an epic journey of brotherhood, love and despair as they unravel Noctis's destiny and take up arms against the warmongering empire, Niflheim.
Source: Official Press Release
I wonder just how powerful or even accessible the Stadia will be. I'm going to wait out on this one.
The fact that it requires constant internet connectivity is an issue to me, but we'll see.