What You Need to Know:
- Last Thursday, Universal Studios Japan (USJ) celebrated the grand opening of the much anticipated $550 million Super Mario attraction, Super Nintendo World, after delays due to COVID-19.
- The entrance is a giant water pipe and once inside, guests can interact and pose with Shigeru Miyamoto's characters, backgrounds and locations from the Super Mario games throughout the years, including pirhana plants, Bowser, Thwomps, and more.
- Going beyond aesthetics, visitors are given a "power-up band" bracelet that tracks their progress collecting coins by punching blocks and defeating bad guys!
- The Mario Kart ride makes use of AR goggles to fully immerse visitors while they shoot and collect items. The zone also includes a Yoshi ride, Peach's castle, Mario-themed restaurants and lifesize characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Universal Studios Japan is still operating at limited capacity due to the pandemic so visitors need timed tickets to enter the area.
- To learn more about Super Nintedo World and all the other attractions at Universal Studios Japan, visit their official website: https://www.usj.co.jp/web/en/us
- Construction has already begun at Universal Studios Hollywood, with the Orlando park following soon.
Source: Official Website
Oh. My. Gosh.
Let's go! NOW!!