What You Need to Know:
- Hatanaka’s long-awaited first album, "FIGHTER", was released on March 27, 2019. It’s a work that shows the evolution of Hatanaka as an artist. ANiUTa asked him how did Hatanaka feel while creating this album?
- On the theme of battles, bright and refreshing songs like Odo☆River ~MUSIC IS MAGIC!~ and Plus Minus Plus can also be found in the album.
- Finally, the climax of the album is a song he wrote himself, Ano Hi no Yakusoku (The Promise of That Day). Next, Hatanaka will talk about the first song lyrics he wrote and his thoughts on his first live concert this summer. Check the full album preview below!
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
“When I was meeting with the producers, we talked about the troubles I was having. At the time, I was worried about the difference between the unchanging feelings within myself and the way others around me thought, and I talked to them about that. Doesn’t everyone have a moment at work or in personal relationships where they think, ‘No, I can’t accept that way of thinking or doing something’? Back then, I was conflicted. I knew that things wouldn’t go smoothly if I resisted everything, but that I’d lose sight of myself if I let myself get carried away. It was a pretty tough time for me. Then, the producers said, ‘That means that you’re fighting.’”
“The notes I handed over as reference for lyrics were full of heavy words, but then I realized that if every song was like that the album would be exhausting to listen to. [laughter] So, I decided to include refreshing and true-to-life songs as well. In other words, there are various types of fights. Plus Minus Plus is a song where I sing about small, daily fights and Odo☆River ~MUSIC IS MAGIC~ is a song that defies weakness and negativity. I could take it easy when I sang both of these songs.””