What You Need to Know:
- Everyone loves a good ninja anime - but how realistic are the ninjas on our screens? Well, with many of them wearing incredibly bright outfits and having loud personalities, not very.
- Goo Ranking held a poll from June 28 to July 1 asking Japanese fans which anime they thought has the least ninja-like ninja characters.
- So, which anime made the list in this Japan Poll? How many of the series showed up in our ranking? Let's get to the results and find out!
Top 10 - Top 6
10. Sasuga no Sarutobi / 18 votes
9. Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou / 22 votes
7. Ninja Slayer From Animation / 26 votes
7. Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar / 26 votes
6. Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman / 28 votes
Top 5 - Top 1
- Episodes: 137
- Aired: April 1983 - October 1986
Kinnikuman is a superhero... a bad one. The one day a person named Meat tells Kinnikuman that he is the prince of an alien planet. Kinnikuman must save the day numerous times fighting evil chiyojins and competing in tournaments to prove himself to his family and to gain respect and money.
- Episodes: 201
- Aired: April 2006 - March 2010
The Amanto, aliens from outer space, have invaded Earth and taken over feudal Japan. As a result, a prohibition on swords has been established, and the samurai of Japan are treated with disregard as a consequence.
However one man, Gintoki Sakata, still possesses the heart of the samurai, although from his love of sweets and work as a yorozuya, one might not expect it. Accompanying him in his jack-of-all-trades line of work are Shinpachi Shimura, a boy with glasses and a strong heart, Kagura with her umbrella and seemingly bottomless stomach, as well as Sadaharu, their oversized pet dog. Of course, these odd jobs are not always simple, as they frequently have run-ins with the police, ragtag rebels, and assassins, oftentimes leading to humorous but unfortunate consequences.
Who said life as an errand boy was easy?
(Source: MAL Rewrite)
3. Ninja Hattori-kun
- Episodes: 694
- Aired: September 1981 - December 1987
he everyday Sanyo family gets an unexpected surprise in the shape of a new lodger-Hattori is a ninja boy who has come down from the Iga mountains to attend normal school. Befriending Kenichi Sanyo, who is the same age as he, Hattori starts attending school undercover, occasionally accompanied by his brother, Shinzo, Shishimaru the ninja dog, and Kenichi's girlfriend, Yumeko. The gang is also threatened by the rival Koga ninja, Kemumaki, and his evil sidekick, Kagechiyo the Shadow-cat.
(Source: The Anime Encyclopedia)
2. Nintama Rantarou
- Episodes: TBA
- Aired: April 1993 - Present
Rantarou, Shinbei and Kirimaru are ninja apprentices in the Ninja Gakuen, where first grade ones are called "Nintamas" (contraction of the words ninja+tama (egg)). They must learn everything a ninja must know, but as for our heroes, money, food or playing are more interesting. The series show the everyday adventures of our heroes, segmentated in a cartoon fashion, like 2 small episodes in a 30-min show. The cast also includes the teachers (Doi-sensei and crossdressing Yamada-sensei), nintama kunoichis, evil guys (Dokutake ninjas) and even family members of all the cast...
- Episodes: 220
- Aired: October 2002 - February 2007
Moments prior to Naruto Uzumaki's birth, a huge demon known as the Kyuubi, the Nine-Tailed Fox, attacked Konohagakure, the Hidden Leaf Village, and wreaked havoc. In order to put an end to the Kyuubi's rampage, the leader of the village, the Fourth Hokage, sacrificed his life and sealed the monstrous beast inside the newborn Naruto.
Now, Naruto is a hyperactive and knuckle-headed ninja still living in Konohagakure. Shunned because of the Kyuubi inside him, Naruto struggles to find his place in the village, while his burning desire to become the Hokage of Konohagakure leads him not only to some great new friends, but also some deadly foes.
(Source: MAL Rewrite)
Source: Goo Ranking