What You Need to Know:
- We've all been anxiously awaiting for the upcoming Yashahime: Princess Half Demon and VIZ Media announced yesterday that the series is coming to Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Hulu on October 3, 2020!
- The Inuyasha-inspired anime will be available for simulcast in North and Latin American territories subtitled, with the English dub to follow shortly after.
- Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon follows the daughters of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha as they set out on a journey transcending time. Set in feudal Japan, half-demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi’s brother, Sota, and his family.
- Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a demon slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa’s shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister. Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.
- The confirmed voice cast so far is: Sara Matsumoto as Towa Higurashi, Mikako Komatsu as Setsuna, and Azusa Tadokoro as the voice of Moroha.
Source: Official Press Release
“We can’t wait for both Inuyasha and anime fans of all ages to discover the spirit of adventure and friendship in ‘Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon,’ which will be coming to Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Hulu this October. By partnering with multiple platforms, the iconic and much-loved property will have tremendous reach and availability for fans to enjoy this next chapter with half-demon twins Towa and Setsuna.”
Brad Woods, VIZ Media CMO.