THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP Brings the Experience of THE GUNDAM BASE to Comic-Con and Will Feature Over 150 Collectibles Including Event Exclusives, THE GUNDAM BASE Exclusives and Gundam Factory Yokohama Exclusives
What You Need to Know:
- The BANDAI HOBBY Department of BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) brings another franchise history-making moment for Gundam in North America with today’s announcement that Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 will host the first-ever THE GUNDAM BASE installation outside of Asia.
- Presented by BANDAI NAMCO Group companies Bluefin, SUNRISE INC., and BANDAI SPIRITS, THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP brings THE GUNDAM BASE concept direct to fans and recreates elements from THE GUNDAM BASE Tokyo and THE GUNDAM BASE Fukuoka flagship stores in Japan.
- THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP offers Comic-Con attendees what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience THE GUNDAM BASE right here in the U.S.A. versus travelling to Japan.
- THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP will be open daily throughout this year’s Comic-Con Special Edition, November 26-28, 2021 in San Diego, Calif.
- THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP at Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 will showcase more than 150 different GUNPLA (GUNDAM plastic) model kits including a limited-availability collection of Event Exclusives, THE GUNDAM BASE Exclusives and Gundam Factory Yokohama Exclusives.
- THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP will feature captivating GUNPLA displays throughout. Fans and collectors are encouraged to take selfies in front of the many displays and to post them on social media with #GBASEPOPUPUSA as well as tagging @BluefinBrands.
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/BandaiHobbyUS. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/BandaiHobbyUS as well as on Instagram at instagram.com/BandaiHobbyUS and on YouTube at youtube.com/GundamInfo.
What: THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP
Where: Comic-Con Special Edition 2021, Booth #1805
When: Open Daily During Normal Show Hours
Duration: November 26, 2021 through November 28, 2021
THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP Exclusives
Displays and Photo Ops
About BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin)
BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin), a BANDAI NAMCO Group company, is a leading master and channel distributor of Japanese toys, collectibles, novelty and hobby products. The company’s extensive product line features a diverse and continually expanding catalog of high quality and popular collectibles from Asia. The company is the sole provider of BANDAI SPIRITS’ Tamashii Nations products in North America and is the official domestic distributor for BANDAI Hobby and BANDAI Shokugan as well as Storm Collectibles. Bluefin is also the official North American consumer products and retail development partner for Studio Ghibli and is the exclusive and official distributor for Mr. Hobby/GSI, Blitzway, Sentinel Toys and Flame Toys. For more information, visit bluefinbrands.com.
About BANDAI SPIRITS
BANDAI SPIRITS, a BANDAI NAMCO Group company, was established in 2018 to expand products and services among BANDAI's mature fan base worldwide. In 2019, BANDAI SPIRITS and BANPRESTO merged, enabling the provision of a diverse range of products and services to mature fans and further accelerating the pace of business growth overseas. For more information, visit bandaispirits.co.jp.
About SUNRISE INC.
SUNRISE INC., a BANDAI NAMCO Group company, is an animation production studio which produces smash hit anime series like the original “Mobile Suit Gundam” and all of the subsequent series in the Gundam franchise as well as “Cowboy Bebop,” “Escaflowne,” “Code Geass,” “Tiger & Bunny” and many more. The company is located in Suginami, Tokyo, Japan and was established in 1972. For more information, visit sunrise-inc.co.jp.
Source: Official Press Release