What You Need to Know:
- Anime Expo Lite is taking place virtually this weekend on July 3-4. All proceeds from this event, which commemorates the 30th anniversary of Anime Expo, will support the commUNITY Action Fund by Hate is a Virus.
- Here's a quick overview of who is going to be there!
- Lucasfilm presents Star Wars: Visions Sneak Preview - An upcoming anthology of animated shorts celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world’s best anime creators and storytellers.
- LisAni!LIVE LA Concert featuring performances by ASCA, BURNOUT SYNDROMES, JO☆STARS, Liella! (Love Live! Superstar!!), and Morfonica (BanG Dream!)
- World’s Biggest Vtubers: Hololive EN, NIJISANJI’s LazuLight, and VShojo
- Building a Stronger Community Panel: Featuring David Ono (Los Angeles-based news anchor for KABC), Lily Anne Welty Tamai (Lecturer for UCLA’s Asian American Studies department), Connie Chung Joe (CEO of Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles), and Mitch Maki (President of Go For Broke National Education Center in Little Tokyo)
- Premiere contents: Shikizakura World Premiere, Child of Kamiari Month First Look, Warner Bros Japan presents Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure & Record of Ragnarok
- Anime Expo Lite 2021 registered ticketholders are also invited to visit the historic Little Tokyo district in Los Angeles, CA to take advantage of a special promotion being offered by a dozen preeminent retailers and restaurants.
- Tickets to access this year’s Anime Expo Lite programming are $5 each, with all proceeds benefiting the Hate Is A Virus commUNITY Action Fund. After the stream concludes on July 4th, ticketholders can re-watch the content, as well as access additional programming, on a VOD basis from July 5th-16th, 2021.
- To receive Anime Expo Lite news & programming updates, please sign-up at: https://mailchi.mp/anime-expo/lite-2021.
Dates: July 3-4, 2021 / 12pm – 8pm (PST)
Ticket Registration: https://tixr.com/e/23015
Registration: $5 (+ processing fees) - all proceeds to benefit the Hate Is a Virus commUNITY Action Fund
Source: Official Press Release
SPJA is a non-profit organization dedicated to popularizing and educating the American public about Japanese entertainment and pop culture, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. For more information, please visit www.spja.org.
About Anime Expo
Anime Expo (AX) brings together fans and industry from Japan, the US, and all over the world for the largest celebration of Japanese pop culture in North America. Taking place every year since 1992, Anime Expo celebrates the best in Japanese entertainment and pop culture. For more information, visit www.anime-expo.org.