What You Need to Know:
- Minori Suzuki idolizes Maaya Sakamoto and used a keychain she bought at a Sakamoto concert as a lucky charm when she auditioned for Macross Delta. She managed to win the grand prix and started moving toward her professional career. That started when she met the artist responsible for Mikumo Guynemer’s vocals, JUNNA.
- Suzuki’s second single was a double A-side with Crosswalk, the opening for the TV anime Amanchu! ~Advance~ and Rewind, the ending theme song for Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card. Suzuki’s idol, Maaya Sakamoto, wrote the lyrics for Crosswalk.
- Read her full interview on ANiUTa! And check her music video of “Crosswalk” the opening theme of TV anime Amanchu! ~Advance~.
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
“In the beginning, I received the demo versions of the songs Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara and Ikenai Borderline, and Mikumo was the main voice on Ikenai Borderline, so JUNNA’s vocals were already recorded. I thought her voice sounded cool, and I wondered if she was older than I was. In reality, she was three years younger. [laughter]”
“Maaya also wrote the lyrics for some Walküre songs, but her writing a song for my solo work made me so happy. Katsutoshi Kitagawa composed Crosswalk with a tender, painful melody that brought me to tears, and then Maaya’s lyrics came in and had me bawling.”