What You Need to Know:
- Uchida played the role of Kotori Minami in Love Live!. Her work with the franchise began with the recording of their first single, "Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE".
- As Uchida was focused on making her character's voice stand out to the audience, Kotori's songs gradually became more and more unique.
- Apparently, Uchida wasn't the type who wanted to be on stage.
- Read the full interview with Aya Uchida on ANiUTa app
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
“I had no idea what kind of personality my character had just by looking at the piece of paper I was handed. Having to sing as Kotori even though I’d never played her before felt strange, and I didn’t have a lot of courage since I felt like everything could go in the wrong direction depending on what I did. While it was a big responsibility to play Kotori, I felt like we were in the same boat, so even though I was nervous about singing as her, I was also really excited.”
“I feel like I put everything I'd learned from previous character songs into my work. One of the reasons I could do that was because Love Live! allowed me autonomy with how Kotori sang. I was also really aware of the upcoming rankings. So, I thought long and hard about where to take Kotori, which was a lot of fun.”
“Every time Love Live! makes itself known to the world, we’re always perceived as real idols. I had always thought that this role was just another voice acting job, so sometimes I felt conflicted. But in retrospect, I think I was really enjoying everything at that time, even those feelings of conflict. Besides, through performing in μ’s concerts, I learned a lot of things that helped me in my acting.”